Spinalis Dorsi- Life at the sell by bin

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Don’t settle for just a ribeye. Spinalis Dorsi is where it’s at. I’ve seen huge and non existent caps. Layered Family Packs it’s not visible. Stay strong when bumping elbows with the yellow tag crowd. PS: I’ll still take a 40% off CAB Ribeye with a thin cap-but now the hunt goes deeper.

https://jesspryles.com/recipe/spinalis-dorsi-ribeye-cap/

Last edited:
Yes Sir!!!
I cheated and stole the Spinalis Dorsi off of the last rib roast I cooked. Was that wrong?:mrgreen:

I rolled it up and tied it off to cut nice thick mini steaks. I still have them in the freezer, thanks for reminding me.

100-5732-1.jpg

100-5733-1.jpg

Ribeye cap steaks like Rob shows are the bees knees. I cheated and bought four four bone roasts at Publix for 5.99 before Xmas and stole the cap from each one. Sure beats $20+ at Costco. Before rolling and tying make sure you skin off all of the tendons, sinew, silver skin, etc

Last edited:
No, I don't think I could do that to a ribeye. It's so expensive here, you'd never separate it.

So this or Picanha?

This is the king. Picanha is the queen.

For what it’s worth, I’ve eaten almost hundreds of ribeyes over the last 10 years. I got into picanha for a few months. I love it. For Xmas I pulled out a small ribeye eye after I removed the cap and a small picanha steak. The ribeye eye blew the doors off the picanha. Could be just personal preference. And the ribeye cap blows the doors off the ribeye eye.

Rip Cap

Hi All The rib cap is the best part of any cow!!!
DanB

No doubt! It's a hit miss at Costco now. I miss 'em. :hungry:

XdclhrLh.jpg

aaCbAK2h.jpg

wY7ajZ4h.jpg

hp4iH3jh.jpg

cam2jbch.jpg

Don’t settle for just a ribeye. Spinalis Dorsi is where it’s at. I’ve seen huge and non existent caps. Layered Family Packs it’s not visible. Stay strong when bumping elbows with the yellow tag crowd. PS: I’ll still take a 40% off CAB Ribeye with a thin cap-but now the hunt goes deeper.

https://jesspryles.com/recipe/spinalis-dorsi-ribeye-cap/

You're still alive? Missed your daily posts.

Back