Trying Papa Valley Wagyu Brisket-In Progress

P

pharp

My local meat guy asked me to try some Papa Valley Wagyu which is relatively local to me so I wanted to give it a shot.

I think I am an hour or so from being done.

dKru6Vkl.jpg

BQXLBB7l.jpg

vVMvQDMl.jpg

Vjuha3vl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hell yeah! Looks well marbled.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I just pulled it off, hope the slices turn out good!

I took it a little too far, but the flavor and tenderness were good. Didn't have much of a smoke ring. I did let it sit on counter longer than I normally do before I put it on.

I think it was a good quality brisket. I would give myself a B-, it was over cooked. Thanks for following along with me! I hope everyone is having a safe weekend and getting some family time.

7GayWeHl.jpg

Looks fantastic! I’ve only ever cooked 2 Waygu briskets. Both times they probed tender at less than 200. Not sure why but rec starting to check at 196

I haven't pulled the trigger on Waygu yet. You are really building a great case for it though. If that's a B- then I would take some of your B- anytime :thumb:

Thanks. I have cooked a lot of SRF. I would say this brisket was on the lower end of average of what I get from them. Talking about pre-cook quality. It is the only one of theirs I Have cooked. I would definitely like to cook a few more to get a good sense for comparison.

I bet the flavor is most excellent. So what if it doesn’t pass the comp. fold and pull test!
Good job...

Back