ThermoWorks Thermapen/ThermoPop vs. Lavatools Thermowand (Speed Test)

Jaybls

Got Wood.
Thermowand claims to be as good as, or better than the Thermapen. And it's only $24. ThermoWorks put their "ultra-fast' claims to the test against the Thermapen and the less expensive ($29) ThermoPop. Check it out:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVzt9pSEpkA&feature=youtu.be"]Thermapen & ThermoPop vs Lavatools Thermowand - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting ...
If you don't want to drop $100 on a Thermopen the ThermoPop is a quality tool.
Just a few seconds slower.

I have both the Thermapen and the ThermoPop. The Thermapen is built better, can take a beating and will probably last a long time. The ThermoPop is a couple of seconds slower and with care will last. I use them both but the speed comes in really handy when you have lots of things to temp like chicken parts.

I like my therapen.
I'd love it if it were left handed.

Why Thermoworks why?
It's not that difficult.

I have a Thermapop and a Thermowand. I like and use both! Really like the magnet in the thermowand..it stays on my fridge. I don't see the point in needing a thermapen for backyard cooking.

ThermoWorks sold me on the first warranty claim I made. The probe that came with a Chef Alarm got fried and stopped working. They sent a new one 2nd day air, no questions asked.

I have a Thermapen and feel like I'll have it for a long time.

Back