Memphis pellet grills headed to China

On one hand I don't mind a Chinese made grill, as long as it is transparent and priced accordingly, like a Green Mountain. On the other hand I do not see many people paying an American made price for foreign manufacture. That is the rub to me.

I am sure that their dealers are loving this....

Short sited management decision. I'm sure the marketing department came up with a grand scheme of what a great idea this is. Suffice it to say it's not.

Oh and the letter is just plain tacky...

It’s pathetic that another American manufacturing company has decided that to be more profitable, they needed to have their product made in a communist controlled factory in communist China that is staffed by workers that are essentially prisoners of a communist regime. Memphis can do what want but communism still sucks.

Their website still says made in the USA. Hopefully that means my grill was still made here. I'll be looking for a made in sticker!

Their website still says made in the USA. Hopefully that means my grill was still made here. I'll be looking for a made in sticker!
That brings up a memory I have of a lawsuit in KY years ago. A machine shop bought new lathes, mills, drill presses, etc that were supposedly "Made In USA". When a maintenance man opened a machine to service it he noticed Chinese writing. Turns out only the "Made In USA" decals were made in the US.

d9c2a4bde8773c4fa983980e76b72634.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People in here seem to think just because something has a made in america sticker on it automatically makes it better.

If memphis keeps a tight reign on their chinese factories there is no reason they shouldn't be similar quality. I do agree they should become cheaper if they are moving to china.

How is the American PBC compared to the Chinese PBC? I know it's just a metal can but I'm guessing they are ok. Maybe not apples to apples...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just can’t bring myself to buy a Chinese made grill. When the 4th of July rolls around each year, I’m proud to grill hot dogs on something made in the USA. For me, something so American as bbq, should be free of foreign products. That’s a huge reason why I went for a MAK over a Rec Tec. But I’m a little crazy like that.

Back