Replacing a stok island heat tent

bbqfred

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I've got a gas grill that works fine except the metal heat tent that protects the burners is broken.

Replacement is $66 and not worth it given the condition of the grill:
https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/search/part/2132924/206860/

My thoughts are to make my own somehow and need suggestions. I thought to find something round and then drill long screws into the shell and use those to stand it up.

Thoughts:
1) Baking sheet 14" round. Teflon coated. I'm guessing the coating will burn and cause toxic fumes. $8
2) Use a 14" charcoal grate and then cover with a few layers of foil. This is about $20.
3) Use a weber ash catcher -- my guess - it's not thick enough and not meant for direct heat.

I don't know where I could find a round piece of steel that I could use otherwise.

Let me know your suggestions fellow bbq brethrens!

Look on
Amazon for a better price, maybe. Unfortunately life isn't cheap! I bought some replacement burners for my STOK on Amazon.

stok

Look on
Amazon for a better price, maybe. Unfortunately life isn't cheap! I bought some replacement burners for my STOK on Amazon.

It's just the grill is old and the heat tent is worth more than the grill! Just a piece of flimsy round piece of metal, on principal I can't pay them that much for it. The search continues !

both amazon and ebay offer second source parts that are a lot cheaper. You could also go to a big box hardware store and look at some of the generic heat tents that they may offer.

Edit, Did a check and not much out there. You could buy a piece of steel sheeting from Home Depot or Lowes and cut one to make it fit. I know they sell small pieces (2' x 2'). I would go with steel over aluminum, and stay away from Galvanized

Last edited:
Back