Where do you put cheese on pizza?

Where do you put your pizza cheese?

• Who puts cheese on pizza?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pizza-jpg.493565

tonights yogurt dough pizza ended up with a little on bottom, little on top.

A very little on bottom, most on top. Reading this thread will make me vary it up a bit.

Pepperoni goes under the cheese so it doesn't turn into little grease cups with burnt edges. Everything else goes on top.

Pepperoni goes under the cheese so it doesn't turn into little grease cups with burnt edges. Everything else goes on top.

Uhhh... that's the whole point. I WANT the edges to get crispy. It's like bacon. Yea, it's good when it is simply cooked but it is transformational when it crisps up.

Anyway, I always understood it that Lou Malnatii's style deep dish or stuffed crust pizza or NJ pizza was toppings under. Everything else is toppings on, well, top.

Put a thin layer on bottom, then toppings. Top it off with another thin layer of cheese on top of everything.

I worked at Domino's during High School and confirm this is the correct answer. :-D:-D:-D

That is how I do it today.

"also make sure there is plenty of cheese near the crust as we want the last bite as good as the first." LOL

Chris

Uhhh... that's the whole point. I WANT the edges to get crispy. It's like bacon. Yea, it's good when it is simply cooked but it is transformational when it crisps up.

Anyway, I always understood it that Lou Malnatii's style deep dish or stuffed crust pizza or NJ pizza was toppings under. Everything else is toppings on, well, top.
^^^ Like he says re: the pepperoni.

I don't think I've ever given it an ounce of thought, but I always love a new way to over think my food.

In the way back days of RV living, we would do grilled pizzas once a week. Our favorite then was a 'white' pizza with oil and cheese as the base, instead of sauce (mentioned earlier in this thread, too) but that was more about being a sauce replacement. I'm now realizing I don't really make pizza very often, or think too deeply about pizza when I order it.

Oh my, I could not disagree more. Pepperoni needs to be on top so it gets all crispy. The soggy uncooked pepperoni placed under the cheese is blasphemy as far as I'm concerned.

Back