Hey from Andover, MA.

red98vmax

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hi all!

Checking in, looks like a great place. I have a lot of stuff to catch up on!

Avid BBQ guy with my father's Weber grill. I've replaced the charcoal grid and the food grid multiple times and it is good to go again. Are their names for those grids? It'll be a sad day for me when I have to replace the whole thing, I've cooked a ton of food on it. For the last few years, I've put wood (oak and/or maple) on the charcoal, and the flavor has improved.

Also, do quite a bit of dutch oven cooking, although less since i'm less active on scouting trips.

Good to be here and I hope to take Qing to the next level with your tips and tricks,

Steve

Hi Steve and welocme to the Brethren! Weber kettles are some of the nicest cooking gear around. Have fun with it. I am in NORTH Andover, my name is Richard and it is nice to see a neighbor on here! Happy BBcuing!

Thanks for the welcome neighbor. I hope to be able to expand on my equipment and skills. I've used the heck out of the kettle, but will be adding more stuff soon. always wanted smoke more, so will be looking at that closely. thanks for the PM!

Hope these pics come out, cooked a chicken with charcoal and oak wood for a good smokey flavor. I just salt and pepper it and cook with indirect method for 1.75 hours.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome aboard Steve, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

before

IMG_1170.JPG

After

IMG_1177.JPG

Scene of the cook.
IMG_1175.JPG

I was using google picasa, thanks for the instructions "Ron L"

Back