High end non stick burner?

I'm amazed there's no love for Egg/Ceramic type cookers here.
How much smaller can the footprint get with a set it and forget it pit?
I really enjoy my stick-burner but the egg still serves a purpose when I have other things to do besides tending a fire.

I just picked up an LSG Mini yesterday and am seasoning it today and I haven’t had to mess with it much at all once it got up to temp. Temp from top to bottom is running 5 to 9 degrees difference.

Check out gravity feed cookers.

I have an Assassin 24 gravity feed that is set and forget. No moving parts and I've cooked some amazing food on it.

Last edited:
Big Green Egg the size of your choice is definitely a set it and forget it (boring) way to cook. It's especially good if you want a decent night sleep for a long cook.
no electricity required unless you want to get a controller.
Coming off your Lang 84 I would suggest an XL so you won't have too much trouble adjusting to the smaller size.

Completely agree, haven't stayed up watching a brisket or pork but in a long time. It's also versatile, 250 for briskets and the like or 700 for pizza. In addition, I don't know of too many rigs out there that offers a lifetime warranty. I have an XL and going to get another one this week. Do not buy a used one.. no warranty.

Thanks,
Greg

Back