How do you eat a fatty?

Maylar

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm planning on smoking my first fatty soon. I'm wondering what people do with them. Hot off the smoker, slice and enjoy? A bit of ketchup? Eat them with scrambled eggs (they are a breakfast sausage, right?). Or ... ?

Thick slice on a biscuit with some cheese is pretty tasty. Or just make an extra one for yourself, pick it up wearing your hot gloves and chomp away in front of everyone.

Although you will get some 'looks', if ya know what I mean...

I use them for Wampus Bake Beans. Cut into slices reheat and have with a bagle egg and cheese sandwich, or as Andy said slice heat and have with a biscuit/english muffin and cheese
Ask Adams. He does a lot MSU with a fatty

I like the McMuffin idea.....egg, cheese, and fatty slice on a buttered biscuit or English muffin with fine chopped onions.

Fresh off the smoker is great. But my favorite way is to smoke the day before, put in the fridge and then the next am, slice and sear off in a cast iron pan. Add egg, cheese, sausage gravy or whatever you, put on a bagel, biscuit, or english muffin toasted on a pan. I like doing it this way so I don't have to wake early or wait as long for breakfast.

I will also smoke some extras if I am smoking a mostly empty pit and through them in the freezer. Great for camping or tailgating.

For the first one? Slice and eat.

After that, I've done most of the other ideas and support them! A great sear really sets it off. I'll crumble and use them in sausage gravy, baked beans, sous vide egg bites, etc.

How meaning today??

This morning
Two slices of keto toast
Half a small smashed avocado
Seasoned with Real Salt brand AP Seasoning
Two slices Fatty (frozen but 37 seconds in microwave)

1:45:00 hike PDCSP
1:07:00 age appropriate bike ride

Now making chili
1# aged ground beef
1/3# chopped smoked brisket
4 slices Fatty

Fresh off the smoker is great. But my favorite way is to smoke the day before, put in the fridge and then the next am, slice and sear off in a cast iron pan. Add egg, cheese, sausage gravy or whatever you, put on a bagel, biscuit, or english muffin toasted on a pan.

This.

Sliced hot off the smoker
On a biscuit with heese and pepper jelly
On a breakfast sandwich
With eggs
Mixed into pancake or waffle batter and cooked
Make Fatty Gravy (like sausage gravy, but better)
On a pizza

So many more!

Sliders - Served on Kings Hawaiian rolls.

gjLlLwL.jpg

CVGLYr1.jpg

I smoke to 140, rest, slice, and freeze for future use.

Makes for a great breakfast down the road. :-D

Back