Army buddies

OferL

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Tonight I'm having 5 friends over for dinner. They are all two+ weeks after the second vaccine and we all have the green certificate. So it should be safe. It will be outdoors also.
These are my army buddies. We had 20+ years of regular and reserve in the IDF. We used to meet more frequently but have not for some years. I suggested they come to my house and I'll cook.

On the menu:
Cold smoked salmon
Dry tomatoes bread my son and his GF made
Cream cheese and butter
Grilled and fresh vegetables

Grilled chicken wings
Pulled smoked chuck
Smoked picanha
Red and white rice

Brownies my wife made
Apple pie my mother brought

The guys are responsible for the drinks so we'll see what they get.
It's going to be a fun night!

Last edited:
Thanks Marty!
Prep shots:
rheTSNAl.jpg

3Z4aba0l.jpg

7Ai8Ah2l.jpg

1ST - Thank you for your all's service.
2nd Enjoy
3rd everything looks great

Sounds like you're in for a heck of an evening! The menu sounds amazing and the food looks even better!!

Congratulations, I’m jealous and can’t wait until I can start getting together with friends again. The food looks delicious!

Have a blast mate, by the looks your going to eat well.

Looks great! I have been to Israel and really enjoyed it! I ate good there...maybe not that good though.

It's dangerous when old soldiers (in general, please bear with me) get together over food and bev. I always try to lay out a spread for "my guys" and they reciprocate in kind.

I'm with Mike - I hope they all had a grand reunion; a killer feed; and that the BS flowed like wine. I'm sure there will be sore heads, but full hearts tomorrow.

It's dangerous when old soldiers (in general, please bear with me) get together over food and bev. I always try to lay out a spread for "my guys" and they reciprocate in kind.

I'm with Mike - I hope they all had a grand reunion; a killer feed; and that the BS flowed like wine. I'm sure there will be sore heads, but full hearts tomorrow.

I remember my Guy (crosstrained to Loadmaster) and his crew would land here at Barksdale and I put them all up. Lord have Mercy. Good Times. 141's. :tsk: Lucky I'm still married. :laugh:

Back