Searching for USDA Prime Brisket Shipped to Canada

BeeRich

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Hi folks.

Been years since I've been in here. But I'm in need of a USDA Prime Brisket (or two), sent to me here in Canada.

Here's the deal:

- I have tried all kinds of Canadian brisket. They are not the same.
- I know Canadian farmers and butchers swear by their meat. Briskets are not the same.
- I've done plenty of Canadian briskets, even one recently, that are of high quality, and they don't come out like American ones do.
- American and Canadian beef are brought up differently, and the brisket is where you really see the difference. Our briskets are older.
- Local restaurants that win top awards in Canada and the US, say the very same about the difference, and demand USDA Prime.
- Local restaurants that serve USDA Prime have a completely different product than those from Texas that sell BBQ here in Toronto, that use Canadian brisket.
- I can't find anybody that ships to Canada, even after I find a butcher that sells USDA Prime versions.
- I don't want USDA Choice.
- I don't want USDA Select.
- I live two hours from the border, so it's not an option to drive 4 hours so I can do one of these.
- Supermarkets like Sam's Club and Kroger don't take shipping orders. They're supermarkets.
- Shipping from any location is not the issue. If I can find a location, using Fedex or UPS will get it through to me overnight. The source is the issue.

Any insight truly appreciated. Cheers

- I live two hours from the border, so it's not an option to drive 4 hours so I can do one of these.

You suuuure? Ive driven nearly that far for brisket and it didnt even involve international travel :tongue:

No help other than that.....good luck. If you have pics of the briskets you can get I would be interested in seeing them.

This is a PEI Canadian Prime (I think), grass fed 13 pound brisket, $130. That's what I get now.

This is nowhere near what I find with USDA.

Attachments

• IMG_4500.jpg
    IMG_4500.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4503.jpg
    IMG_4503.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4508.JPG
    IMG_4508.JPG
    329.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4511.jpg
    IMG_4511.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4512.jpg
    IMG_4512.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4514.jpg
    IMG_4514.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4516.jpg
    IMG_4516.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4518.jpg
    IMG_4518.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4522.jpg
    IMG_4522.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 97
Hi there. Thanks for the lead. I've emailed them but it states they only ship to certain States. Cheers

I wonder if the fact it's grass fed is the main differentiator? Finished shots look pretty good :thumb:

Last edited:
Every single Canadian brisket has been the same. Grain or grass. Believe me, they're miles apart.

Hi folks.

Been years since I've been in here. But I'm in need of a USDA Prime Brisket (or two), sent to me here in Canada.

Here's the deal:

- I have tried all kinds of Canadian brisket. They are not the same.
- I know Canadian farmers and butchers swear by their meat. Briskets are not the same.
- I've done plenty of Canadian briskets, even one recently, that are of high quality, and they don't come out like American ones do.
- American and Canadian beef are brought up differently, and the brisket is where you really see the difference. Our briskets are older.
- Local restaurants that win top awards in Canada and the US, say the very same about the difference, and demand USDA Prime.
- Local restaurants that serve USDA Prime have a completely different product than those from Texas that sell BBQ here in Toronto, that use Canadian brisket.
- I can't find anybody that ships to Canada, even after I find a butcher that sells USDA Prime versions.
- I don't want USDA Choice.
- I don't want USDA Select.
- Supermarkets like Sam's Club and Kroger don't take shipping orders. They're supermarkets.
- Shipping from any location is not the issue. If I can find a location, using Fedex or UPS will get it through to me overnight. The source is the issue.

Any insight truly appreciated. Cheers

Have you asked one of the local restaurants that serve prime if you could order a case? I am sure if you aren't selling it they wouldn't care.

I haven't. I'm still looking around to see what my options are. I think I found one place that sells them. I'm just emailing them now.

Back