How much injection

milehigh

is Blowin Smoke!
Going to try injecting a butt for the first time tomorrow. I remember reading somewhere about the amount. How much for a 8 lb butt? Should i inject tonite or just before i put it on?

Thanks
Paul

I have injected a few butts and I pumped them suckers up like a football. As much as it would take. About 2 cups.

I wrap my butts as tight as I can in plastic wrap. Then I start injecting until it's oozing from everywhere. (Now that's a visual)

Usually about 2 cups in a normal sized butt. I then put the whole thing in the fridge overnight. The only purpose of the fridge is so I can inject the night before and not have to get up a little earlier to do so in the morning.

The only purpose of the fridge is so I can inject the night before and not have to get up a little earlier to do so in the morning.

Read my mind Larry. Rub in the A.M. then? Slather?

Thanks
Paul

Before answering that question, one might ask what you're injecting? Fruit juices with seasoning, salty water with seasoning, ususally overnight to 24 hours. Injections with phosphates and msg, 4 to 6 hours. I also inject untill they jiggle like Jello. Volume is around 16 to 20 ounces. I personally like the smaller needles, around 1/8 inch maximum, placing inj.locations one every inch all the way around. I like the idea of wrapping , will try soon. Good luck. Steve.

I shoot mine at least 4 or 5 hours before smoking.....Set aside some of your injection liquid after you mix it and give the butt a second injection whili it's in the plateau.

Back