The 2024 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning Post

Oh my!!
Only 58 Days till the Bash!!!
Shelly and I have had a few challenges lately, but we are back on tract.
Now we need to get working on what we will be cooking and cooking on for the Bash.
Chime in and let us know what you are cooking and or bringing please.
If you are going to the Bash, please hit the signup sheet in my signature line.
It helps everyone one know what to plan for and what cookers/smokers may be available.
Thanks, hope to see ya at the Bash! :mrgreen:

Well, we have just 36 days till the 2024 Texas BBQ Brethren Bash!!
I apologize for not posting more. Both of us have been under the weather, on and off, for a while.
Then shelly decided we needed to do some freshening up on the first floor.

That said I'm so ready for the Bash!!
We are working on what we will cook. It's looking like I'll be bringing my Shirley.
So, there will be plenty of room for others to cook on it also.

We have 4 on the going list and 5 on the maybe.
Shelly and I hope to more of you joining us at the Bash!!

I'll post the BASH invite in Q Talk this weekend.

Please go ahead and hit the signup sheet or let me know and I will do it for you.
See you at the BASH!! :mrgreen:

I think I've figured out why airfares are so damn expensive. The Eclipse on the 8th. Hotels are charging 10 times as much. Airlines probably the same.

Would you look at that!
30 Days till the Bash!!
Are you going? :mrgreen:

Waiting on grandsons ball schedule. We are going to be gone for several weeks and won’t get to see many games.

My thought is if we have a light attendance signed up for the Bash this year, I may just bring my 55 gal Gateway drum and or my Oklahoma Joe Bronco.
Your thoughts? :mrgreen:

16 days till the Bash!! :mrgreen:

Shelly is working on what sides she will be cooking.
I've decided to bring my 24x42 Shirley. We will have plenty of room for others to cook on it.
I just got the new Meat Candy Rub from SuckleBusters. Think I will try it on ribs and fatties.

Please sign up on the LINK in my signature line below and let everyone know you will be there.
Remember you can't eat BBQ all day if you don't start early in the morning!! :mrgreen:

I've got a couple racks of spares, a couple of fatties (1HOT,1not) along with some Syracuse sausages.
I have the new SuckleBusters Meat Candy Rub and will use on the ribs and a fattie.
Shelly is working on a couple of sides. Looks to be a Chili Rellenos casserole, some of her Beans and possibly a dessert!! :mrgreen:

I got my Shirley out of the back yard and in my garage.
Loaded with splits and ready to go to the Bash this Saturday!! :mrgreen:

Today is load up the truck and hook up the Shirley day.
Shelly will be making Chili Rellenos casserole and her BBQ Beans.
We will be rolling in about 7:45-8:00am.
Will be great to see everyone!! :mrgreen:

Back