Goodfellas Garlic and Mom's Cabbage Stew

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hopefully the garlic is so thin it melts. Kind of out of practice. Going With a few MSU ingredients. Going burger and smoked brisket point. Extra garlic. Purple cabbage and purple & yellow onion. A few red potatoes to take place of her rice. Her recipe is awesome if you follow it , however Even Mom is not safe from MSU additions-deletions and in lieu of's

Last edited:
This sounds like an excellent choice, especially with the crazy wind situation on the High Plains.

Great recipe, we make one real similar but use V8 juice or spicy V8 juice instead of regular tomato juice.

Hopefully the garlic is so thin it melts. Kind of out of practice. Going With a few MSU ingredients. Going burger and smoked brisket point. Extra garlic. Purple cabbage and purple & yellow onion. A few red potatoes to take place of her rice. Her recipe is awesome if you follow it , however Even Mom is not safe from MSU additions-deletions and in lieu of's

Looks great!
What size can of tomato juice, 32 oz?

Looks great!
What size can of tomato juice, 32 oz?

1/3 bottle of low sodium V8 plus three small cans of same
Goya Sarazon Packet, 1 beef bullion cube plus a few sprinkles that evade me.

Seriously I pitch till I win. Mom’s recipe is great by itself and is easily customizable to your tastes and or traditions. She’s made this exact recipe with chicken and okra and another no meat multi bean. And for a while she made it without any meat and called it Diet Stew.

One folkway, mores, habit whatever was when we grew up and small Mom made a stew pot of leftover meats and veggies or leftover meats and beans.

I still love soups stews and chili

1/3 bottle of low sodium V8 plus three small cans of same
Goya Sarazon Packet, 1 beef bullion cube plus a few sprinkles that evade me.

Seriously I pitch till I win. Mom’s recipe is great by itself and is easily customizable to your tastes and or traditions. She’s made this exact recipe with chicken and okra and another no meat multi bean. And for a while she made it without any meat and called it Diet Stew.

One folkway, mores, habit whatever was when we grew up and small Mom made a stew pot of leftover meats and veggies or leftover meats and beans.

I still love soups stews and chili

I like the recipe!
I grew up in a family of 12 kids. My parents lived through the Great Depression so they knew how to stretch things to make enough! I love your recipes how you use leftovers to make soups and stews, sometimes the second meal is better than the first……

Back