Anyone ordered anything from Big Poppa Smokers lately?

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I placed an order with BPS on cyber Monday, and still haven't received it. I know the website says due to Covid shipping will take longer than normal. I also, know it is shipping from Cali to SC. So I was just wondering if anyone has ordered anything since then and received it?

I have never ordered from them and it not shipped within a day or so. I haven't ordered recently though. I actually think most of their stuff ships from Oklahoma. I contact customer service, it might be out of stock or something.

I ordered a bunch of rub on Dec 11th, and it arrived on Dec 14th (Free Shipping). I'd definitely check in with them to see if something is going on...very unlike them as every time I order it's usually shipped within 24 hours.

They are usually pretty fast. FYI, as pointed out they're based in So-Cal, but shipments come from Oklahoma.

Thanks for reminding me, I need more disposable cutting boards.

Sooooo....apparently something crazy happened. I remember the contents of my order, I remember where I was when I placed it. Looking at all my card history and emails apparently for whatever reason the order never went through. This sucks because I have been waiting on the 2 sauces I ordered, that apparently I didn't order. Oh well...

Sooooo....apparently something crazy happened. I remember the contents of my order, I remember where I was when I placed it. Looking at all my card history and emails apparently for whatever reason the order never went through. This sucks because I have been waiting on the 2 sauces I ordered, that apparently I didn't order. Oh well...

Ouch, hate it when that happens. I've done it a few times.

I was going to point out (and still will, in case it helps anyone else) that there was major shipping delays after Thanksgiving, and a lot of those are still backlogged. What we've noticed (just friends that order a bunch online, nothing scientific) is that RECENT orders seem to be moving faster than anything that was caught in that backlog. It's almost as if they are working with what comes in, and what is stuck is staying stuck.

Ouch, hate it when that happens. I've done it a few times.

I was going to point out (and still will, in case it helps anyone else) that there was major shipping delays after Thanksgiving, and a lot of those are still backlogged. What we've noticed (just friends that order a bunch online, nothing scientific) is that RECENT orders seem to be moving faster than anything that was caught in that backlog. It's almost as if they are working with what comes in, and what is stuck is staying stuck.

I think I would be happier if this were the case haha instead of finding out in fact I didn't complete the order for whatever reason.

Do they actually have a store in SoCal or is that just where their main office is?

NM - should have read down further

I ordered a MAK super smoker box and a 3/4 rack from them shortly before xmas and both had arrived by new years. However, I think those end up getting drop shipped by MAK, so it may be a different process.

Like others said - give them a call or email.

Last edited:

LMAO...I'm glad you figured out the issue. I know I've done this myself where I've left things in the cart when I was 100% sure I finished up the ordering process.

Just curious, but what does Jay retiring have to do with Sterling's business. Two different companies?? Just wondering if I am missing something.

I did not know that they are two different folks. I thought Spicewine was the brand.

Back