THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Josh
Hey All,

Had a party last night to celebrate our daughter's 2nd birthday. Cooked up 6 butts coming in at 65 lbs. Ran them up on my 48" offset for 14 hrs @215 f on a combo of mesquite and hickory (my favorite) I threw on some chicken in the last 3 hrs just for good measure. A good time was had by all. And there was just enough left to make pulled pork breakfast burritos for the out of town family this morning. I wish there were more photos but I was sharing the camera with my wife because I can't find mine.

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg
I let my butts go a bit longer than some, but I really love that bark.
IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg
Best birthday gift ever! Wish I had thought of it. Sorry the image is sideways. It's correct in my computer. Just not sure how to fix it here.

Last edited:
I bet that was every bit as awesome as it looks!! Also, for some reason I've never thought of making breakfast burritos with my leftovers for some odd reason.....and I get pretty crafty.

Also, I apologize for reading birthday butts and thinking of something completely different and not as sweet(but oh the memories).:doh::oops:

Being my first post other than Cattle Call, a big thanks to all the brethren for the positive comments. Reading churrodog's comment I realized I missed some text in the original post. It should have said 215-225 F. Sorry I missed that.

Also, I know I'm throwing my fellow Californians under the bus here. But in true CA style out of the three sauces made for the event (Vinegar of course, Med-Hot Cider Vinegar/Tomato/Molasses, and a commercial made sweet tomato base sauce. The only one left over was the Vinegar. Silly west coasters. (and I am one. Just with better taste)

Back