First pork ribs on the YS640

electron_si

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This is the maiden pork rib cook for my YS 640 since I picked it up. Nothing real crazy. Bought 2 racks of full spares from Kroger “all natural” and cut down to SLC’s. They were on sale and only $10 a rack.

Rubbed with mustard and Oakridge BBQ dominator with some secret weapon mixed in. I was trying to clean out some old stock. Didn’t end up using the Cimmaron Doc’s because it had a freshness seal stuck inside the lid and my hands were gloved and dirty.

Taking these to a friends house so I’m going to sauce both even though I prefer dry. Just picked up the new Kosmo’s OP-X1. I’m about 3 hours in. Will post shots when done

On to the pics:

j31lMZol.jpg

d4EcYqdl.jpg

VLFwkDYl.jpg

Liquor store had a local craft beer on clearance. I couldn’t say no
lJjRrqGl.jpg

6fgdJHwl.jpg

Very Nice Congrats and Enjoy Glad to see that you have your priorities in order :biggrin1:

You are going to be happy. The Yoder has a strong draft, so I recommend spritzing, to keep them from drying out.

Looking at the pics they came out pretty dark. They looked perfect before the OP-X1. I think that setting the sauce added a darker layer to the ribs.

They were lighter in person than they were in the pictures but probably a shade darker than they should have been. I did run them naked the whole cook.

Back