3/8 cook chamber 1/4 fire box

grizzly0925

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anyone think a build with a 3/8 chamber and 1/4 inch firebox would cause issues? I don't think it would be a big deal. My builder got pipe at 3/8 inch for the same price he could have gotten1/4 but the plate for the firebox fab is going to be 1/4 inch just to save me some money with plate being more costly than pipe. I am getting a killer deal on it and really looking forward to seeing how he does it.

Pretty excited about the build coming up. 120 gallon size, foldable stack, double doors, and a griddle top. Super pumped to see what he does with it. While we are on it is there any other features yall wish you would have had on your pit after it was built that you didn't get and now regret? Looking forward to seeing this thing in the summer when it is done. He has a couple ahead of me.

The popular Shirley Fabrication 24x36 is 3/8 cook chamber with a 1/4 fire box as you describe. I don't see a problem

The popular Shirley Fabrication 24x36 is 3/8 cook chamber with a 1/4 fire box as you describe. I don't see a problem
I could be wrong but I believe that is the standard for all Shirley cabinet models.

Get a insulated firebox if possible.You will thank me later.

Get a insulated firebox if possible.You will thank me later.

I would but the funds aren't there for insulation, plus we are doing up a griddle top. I am in NJ so it shouldn't be too bad on fuel consumption...hopefully. When my pipe dream happens of doing small pop-up cooks I will look into it when I get a 250. hahaha

Back