New PK Grills

mnbadger

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I know a couple people have PK grills here and I'm planning on getting one in the future. They are coming out with a new line of grills that is bigger than their current line. On their instagram and facebook pages they have eluded to this the last two days.

Here is a quote if you search pk360 grill on google. "The PK360 is the new mid-size PK Grill & Smoker. With 360 square inches of cooking space, plus included shelves and stand, the PK360 is setting a"

The regular pk is 300 square inches so the new one will be within 3 square inches of a 22" weber kettle. Also they make it sound like there will be a BIGGER model as well.

Just thought some people might be interested in the new grills that are going to come out soon.

Thanks for the post, I just got on the PK mailing list, want one of the larger one

I'm a Weber guy, but I cook on a very old PK at the lake. My BIL won't cook steaks on anything else. Think I'll let him know.

I did a google search and found some interesting results. They may be or have been taking several rounds of reservations. Looks like the price (at least for the first round of reservations) is $469.99

pk360%20google%20results_zpslittb1of.jpg

I posted a comment on their facebook page about the grill and joined their mailing list. So hopefully I'll get some more info about it soon.

I don't understand how you can search for the grill (I did the same thing effinuker) and you get a link talking about reservation tiers, but you click on the link and it goes to a nonexistant page... I hate it when companies do soft releases (is that the right word) for a new product where they hype it up over a long period. Just release the damn product so we can order it.

I don't understand how you can search for the grill (I did the same thing effinuker) and you get a link talking about reservation tiers, but you click on the link and it goes to a nonexistant page...

It's the Google. They have the info stored on their servers, so it produces a search result, but the actual page the link points to has been deleted.

It's the Google. They have the info stored on their servers, so it produces a search result, but the actual page the link points to has been deleted.

Those tricky bastards. Why couldn't they have just left the page up?!

PK 360 Grill

Looks to be trying to compete with BGE and Kamado. Maybe this is a micro trend. $899. I love my Classic PK. Probably not going to go for this one, but looks cool.

http://pk360grill.com/

I don't get why they are comparing it to Kamados. It's not insulated, is it thicker aluminum than their standard grill?

I don't get why they are comparing it to Kamados. It's not insulated, is it thicker aluminum than their standard grill?

i think they are more going for a comparison to "other premium charcoal grills". Which most people define as Kamados.

I think it's a pretty sweet design. the $900 is for the grill and all the accessories from what i can tell. I think just the grill is going to run $470 or so. I contacted PK so we'll see what they say about the price of it. If it is indeed $470 i think that's a fair price. Since it's cast aluminum it will never rust and should last "forever", also you can take the grill off the base so it's basically a portable tailgating grill as well as a nice grill for home use.

If I end up getting one I'll do a full review :)

I think they are comparing it directly to Kamados. If you scroll to the bottom of that page, it says "The Cast Aluminum PK360 is Superior in Performance and Value to Leading Ceramics." Right below that, there is a table comparing the PK 360 to the Large BGE and Large Primo.

I have the standard (?) Portable Kitchen. It is great. I haven't used it in a while as I've been playing with some other cookers, but it can cook in any temp, holds temps extremely well, and will last forever.

I just skimmed that page when I posted and saw the $899 price tag. I didn't realize you could skip some extras and get it for less than $500. I believe the regular PK is $370 on Amazon. When I saw $900, I guess it reminded me of the WSCG. In both cases, I thought "awesome....but not at that price." I just think you can get some amazing cookers for less than $500 (WSM, Kettles, PBC, Old Country Wrangler/Pecos, etc). I am just sort of not into cookers much more expensive than that at the moment. I do have a Small BGE that was more than $500 decked out when I got it. And I love it. Just think you can do just about as well for so much less.

All that said, definitely curious on the component cost and what folks think who get one!

DSP2 I completely missed that on the bottom of the page, you're right. I don't have a PK but I do have a BGE... My guess is that the PK would do better in cold weather holding temp compared to a regular weber kettle, but I don't see it being close to Kamados like the primo or BGE. I think someone needs to get all 3 and do some testing for us :heh:

I agree with you when I saw the $899 at first too and thought that was crazy. IF they have the normal pk360 under $500 without all the extra stuff I think they will sell a lot of them. The new 360 is basically the same size as a 22.5" weber kettle but I prefer the rectangular cooking surface. On my Large BGE I always wish it was an oval so I could fit bigger cuts of meat on it.

So i was wrong. PK just goit back to me and they are going to cost $899 :shock:

The deal now is you get a bonus of all the extra stuff as a reward for preordering the grill. I don't see how they are going to be competitive at that price.

So i was wrong. PK just goit back to me and they are going to cost $899 :shock:

The deal now is you get a bonus of all the extra stuff as a reward for preordering the grill. I don't see how they are going to be competitive at that price.

Interesting. I feel like the WSCG and now this one are sort of trying to justify a luxury price point and positioning themselves alongside the Kamados. The reason I'm not that interested in either the WSCG or the PK 360 at their respective prices is, ironically, that both Weber and the PK offer cookers that I already own and love that probably are at least close to as good for just so much cheaper.

Sort of cannibalizing their own markets.

Back