Vortex in Weber 22 vs 26, differences?

Carrsville

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Is there a big difference in using a Vortex in a Weber 22 vs 26 inch grill for wings? Obviously you can fit more wings on the 26, but does a 26 get as hot as the 22 due to the extra space? Looking for crispy wings.

Still trying to decide on a 22 vs 26 as my do it all grill/smoker

Go with the 26! You won't regret it at all. I have both and the 26 is so much nicer because of more real estate. I use my Vortex in it and it does a fantastic job.

I cannot vouch for the 26" but i can get plenty of wings on the 22" with the vortex & they always come out amazing. I don't see the 26" being any different other than quantity.

I’d go with the 26. I have the 22 and it’s perfect for wings or other chicken pieces with the vortex. Sometimes I do half chickens and it can get the bird close to the vortex and char a bit. Either way the kettle and vortex turn out fantastic chicken skin, super crispy

The 26 in Kettle with vortex is a great combination and a wing cooking machine. Not sure what temps you can get with the 22 in Kettle, but 600 deg on the 26 is hot enough for me.

I have both a 22 and 26, and have used them both with my vortex, leading to great results.

There's no major difference, except the fact that since the 26 has more real estate and air inside, it takes longer (and thus, more fuel) to get up to the same temps as the 22.

You're not going to go wrong with either one, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the room in the 26 these days.

Back