Bacon Jam! You guys are gonna love this!

Smokin' D

is Blowin Smoke!
This stuff is AWESOME! My wife found this recipe on the interweb and showed it to me knowing I would obsess about it for a few days and then have to make a batch. Just finished cooking and it is Sweet, Chewy, Baconny, Goodness with just a slight heat kick at the end. Gonna be good on just about anything, probably even mixed into some nice rich chocolate ice cream!

Any way, here is the recipe:

1 Pound of Smoked Bacon, cut into 1" pieces
1 Medium Onion, Sliced
4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
3 TBL Brown Sugar
1 Cup of Brewed Coffee
1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
Tabasco, to Taste
Black Pepper, to Taste
Water

I used a pound of Apple Cider Cured Bacon and put it on the WSM for a couple of hours to acquire some smoke. Then cooked in a pan till just starting to crisp. Remove bacon and add onion and garlic to fat and cook till translucent. Drain fat from onions and add all ingredients except water. Simmer for two hours adding 1/4 cup of water every 30 minutes or so. Stirring occasionally. Let cool for a few minutes and then place into a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds for chunky or puree to smooth, your choice. I left this batch chunky to keep the chewiness of the bacon intact.

This is good stuff. On toast, BLT's, eggs or whatever. I don't have any chocolate ice cream right now or I would let you know how that was. If anyone does make this, please report back with your thoughts and/or any changes to the recipe. Enjoy! And a Merry Christmas to All!

That sounds interesting I will be giving that a go..........Thanks

Back