Leaving in the morning, picking up new smoker

Pig_Farmer

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Carl
I will be leaving tomorrow morning and heading out to San Antonio area (Schertz, Tx) to pick up my new (used) smoker. Found it on CL for a great deal. It's a year old and has been garage kept. It's an East Texas Smoker. I was wondering if the Texas brethren in that area know of a good bbq joint where I can get dinner tomorrow night? The town is in between San Antonio and New Braunfels. Here are a couple of pics of the smoker. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_22631.jpg
    IMG_22631.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_22671.jpg
    IMG_22671.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 363
Thanks Down Home, I'm really looking forward to cooking on it. I'll have it just in time for a catering gig in 2 weeks.

Nice cooker!

I'm not sure about BBQ joints in the area that you could do dinner... but I HIGHLY recommend The Gristmill River Restaurant in New Braunfels. Great food.

http://gristmillrestaurant.com/

I've been here before. My inlaws used to live in SA and every time we would go visit we would head up to Gruene. Great food, great view of the river below the patio. Highly recommended. Also, the bar next door is a cool place. A lot of stars have played there. We got to see Robert Cray there. Love me some blues. Cool town.

Super versatility.....large reverse flow chamber....nice cabinet and large dual burners...and plenty of room to hold wood & coolers.

Very nice !!!!

Nice cooker!

I'm not sure about BBQ joints in the area that you could do dinner... but I HIGHLY recommend The Gristmill River Restaurant in New Braunfels. Great food.

http://gristmillrestaurant.com/
I will second that. Good chicken fried steak. Very close to the Gruene Dance Hall. If you hang around til Sunday night you might be able to scalp a ticket for Lyle Lovett. The dance hall is a gem.

Unfortunately it will be a fast turn around. I'll pick it up on Saturday and start the trek back to Albuquerque right away.

Congrats on the pit! Very nice indeed.

Gristmill river restaurant has good food, no bbq though that I'm aware of. Hays County BBQ in San Marcos isn't very far from NB is pretty good. It's right off I-35. If you can make the 30 min (depending on traffic) drive south from Schertz, 2M Smokehouse in San Antonio has excellent brisket, it made the top 50 for Tx Monthly.The 3009 restaurant located at the front of the HEB in Schertz I-35/3009 has pretty good brisket. I had to go twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke and both times it was pretty good. Not as good as 2M but still good. Early this year I went to Coopers BBQ in NB.. I wasn't impressed at all, everything had way too much salt. Harmons in nearby Cibolo is decent too. Blacks BBQ in San Marcos is not bad, they have a nice salt/pepper pork belly that hits the spot.

Congrats on the pit! Very nice indeed.

Gristmill river restaurant has good food, no bbq though that I'm aware of. Hays County BBQ in San Marcos isn't very far from NB is pretty good. It's right off I-35. If you can make the 30 min (depending on traffic) drive south from Schertz, 2M Smokehouse in San Antonio has excellent brisket, it made the top 50 for Tx Monthly.The 3009 restaurant located at the front of the HEB in Schertz I-35/3009 has pretty good brisket. I had to go twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke and both times it was pretty good. Not as good as 2M but still good. Early this year I went to Coopers BBQ in NB.. I wasn't impressed at all, everything had way too much salt. Harmons in nearby Cibolo is decent too. Blacks BBQ in San Marcos is not bad, they have a nice salt/pepper pork belly that hits the spot.

That's perfect. I will be staying on i35 and 3009. There is a Bill Miller bbq right there as well. What are your thoughts on that place.

Back