My new toy arrived today! Vacmaster Pro 350

WBDubya

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Excited to put this bad boy to use. I tried the LEM Maxvac 500 but it was just too big for what I needed and it was clunky to operate. The Vacmaster is much more refined and will be easier to store. Found it at a great price at www.webstaurant.com for a few dollars more than the LEM.

c90026ec237d8eb4abc334c2ca1e2ee9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you look into the Avid Armor at all? May buy one this summer even though I'm getting a free Foodsaver from work to replace my current Foodsaver. Was wondering if the higher end machines around $300 are worth the extra money.

Bryan,

It's not a toy.. it's a family member! I would never give up my two little boys:
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]

Only one word of advice.... Buy the Vac Master brand of bags and film, it's worked the best for me over the last 10 years.

Thanks,
Greg

Sweet looking vacuum sealer. I have been looking at the 380 model as a replacement for my Food Saver Titanium. Thanks for posting.

Bryan,

It's not a toy.. it's a family member! I would never give up my two little boys:
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]

Only one word of advice.... Buy the Vac Master brand of bags and film, it's worked the best for me over the last 10 years.

Thanks,
Greg

Since you have both chamber and clamshell styles - do you use one for a certain kind of sealing and the other for another type? Is there something a chamber vac doesn't work well for? Things with high liquid content maybe?

I love my 350. Built like a tank.

Vac Master bags are great but order from Amazon rather that VacSealersUnlimited. You'll save $$$

That's an awesome machine! We have one of those in the kitchen I work in. Congrats!

Did you look into the Avid Armor at all? May buy one this summer even though I'm getting a free Foodsaver from work to replace my current Foodsaver. Was wondering if the higher end machines around $300 are worth the extra money.

I did look into the Avid Armor for awhile. Looks like a great unit but I couldn’t find a ton of recent info on the unit. Prices were close enough so I pulled the trigger on the Vacmaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you have both chamber and clamshell styles - do you use one for a certain kind of sealing and the other for another type? Is there something a chamber vac doesn't work well for? Things with high liquid content maybe?

The chamber is the best for dealing with liquids as the whole chamber is under vacuum. The clamshell/snorkel sealers are the type that have issues with liquids as they want to draw the liquid into the pump.

Great question. Yes and yes....

SO the chamber is the workhorse, I use it at least twice a day, since I am on the road (normally) 200 days a year I cook a little differently. For example, if I cook ribs I'll cook 1/2 dozen minimum then freeze in half racks only to reheat in a sous verde late. The chamber is also awesome for liquids like a big batch of chili or soup.

The clamshell is not used as often but I will use it for bigger items like pork belly. I also use vacuum canisters for a quick marinade for sharp items like a rack of lamb. The Vac Master 350 has a side port for accessories like the canisters....

Thanks,
Greg

Ah, that makes sense...didn't think about larger items that wouldn't fit in the chamber vac :thumb:

Sweet looking vacuum sealer. I have been looking at the 380 model as a replacement for my Food Saver Titanium. Thanks for posting.

Is there something wrong with the Titanium? We have one and it still works great.
I would like to get a chamber type but the funds aren't there just now.

I'm a VacMaster PRO350 owner as well. mine has given 2 years of trouble free service. Congrats on your new vac sealer.

Is there something wrong with the Titanium? We have one and it still works great.
I would like to get a chamber type but the funds aren't there just now.

The Titanium works ok. However, I have found it does not seal nearly as well as my old Food Saver V240 on moist items. In fact it is not even close. I vacuum seal a lot of fish and game so, it has been a problem on those items.

The Titanium works ok. However, I have found it does not seal nearly as well as my old Food Saver V240 on moist items. In fact it is not even close. I vacuum seal a lot of fish and game so, it has been a problem on those items.

That's true but we found that partially freezing those types of things improves both the vacuum and the seal.

Back