Hey aussies

Medium Rare They are sooooo Good I know Guerry has done some lamb post I dont remember if they were all legs

I like Mooses method posted here. Marinate it in fresh minced garlic and rosemary and olive oil for a few hours then season to taste and reverse sear it.

Try this as simple.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226409

Hope you love Lamb Racks as much as I do

IMG_0299%20Medium_zpskmnf8hvw.jpg

I make a wet rub with garlic, onion, salt, pepper, rosemary, dried lemon zest and olive oil. Rub it all over, then leave for a few hours then put in a hot smoker until it gets to 135-140°f. Best with scalloped or roast or potatoes and some green vegetables (if she who must be obeyed insists!)

You might get into trouble with the Kiwis asking an Aussie how to cook NZ lamb (see label).

I find that lamb that is only smoked tends to have an oily, unfinished construction. Always finish a lamb smoke with some direct heat whether the whole rack, or sliced and reverse seared. Lamb needs the crunchy grilled bits to provide a contrast.

If you like the rack, butterfly a leg, smoke, then grill.

You might get into trouble with the Kiwis asking an Aussie how to cook NZ lamb (see label).

I find that lamb that is only smoked tends to have an oily, unfinished construction. Always finish a lamb smoke with some direct heat whether the whole rack, or sliced and reverse seared. Lamb needs the crunchy grilled bits to provide a contrast.

If you like the rack, butterfly a leg, smoke, then grill.

I missed that, Guess the OP needs to check for love bites then:pound::pound::pound:

^^^^ i love a good kiwi joke.

I am rather confused as to why this market always carries New Zealand lamb. I cant image its cheaper to ship lamb halfway around the world raised on an island not much larger than michigan.

The stuff cost more than beef so is NZ lamb the waygu of lamb?

They have some prime lumber there as well.
Do you guys have trees in MI? :grin:

Last edited:

I am rather confused as to why this market always carries New Zealand lamb. I cant image its cheaper to ship lamb halfway around the world raised on an island not much larger than michigan.

It's probably the hobbit labor.
article-1302835-0AC84D5A000005DC-125_634x392.jpg

Bit hard for a Kiwi to eat his lover I guess.
:tape:

Back