THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jermoQ

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeremy
But really tasty! Used half Oakridge Secret Weapon and half Oakridge Santa Maria on some chicken leg quarters. Seasoned over and under the skin this morning and started my busy day. Smoked a few hours on the copperhead at 200°, then I put it in a pan sprinkled a little white vinegar and some pieces of butter on top and covered with foil. Cranked the heat to 350° and let it ride for 45 to 50 minutes. Skin was not super tough, but needed more time or temperature to lose the fat. Got some leftover pulled chicken to eat later too!

Last edited:
I did something similar on my Mak. I did smoke setting for an hour and about 300 deg till finished. Skin wasn’t too bad but it’s been my experience that for pellet cookers you need closer to 400 deg for crispy skin which is much higher that what was required on a charcoal grill or smoker. I’m not sure why that is but other people say the same thing.

Back