505 Shenanigans on the 26er - w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
OK, so it was Saturday morning, but I brought home some Rebel Donuts for my girls, and admired the hot air balloons launching from along Coors Blvd into the cold morning air.

QZEemYcl.jpg

If you roll through the ABQ, it's a great time to be a little rebellious for breakfast!

This morning found me combing the aisles of the DoD Commissary for deals and good stuff.

Nando's!? :shock: They have Nando's now!? Oh, HELL YES!

mkYHpx0l.jpg

No wings to be had for the night, but they sure have a good deal on drumsticks and thighs!

AF3OtXdl.jpg

I stopped off at Barbacoa El Primo off Zuni for lunch.... oh, Lord. If you're around, you MUST STOP (before 1500L) and get some.

U7Sg6lNl.jpg

Watched some NFL ball on the telly... then wandered outside to start the grill.

1CXKoB4l.jpg

The Vortex just sings along so nicely... Small chunk of apple should do nicely for a touch of smoke.

cqOsZ40l.jpg

ojjFYlbl.jpg

Some bird rubbed with Wicken Yanks Hot Wings Rub - Soon to take a bath in Nando's Peri-Peri!

Some rubbed with Garlic/Onion/Seasoned Salt.... probably destined for CINCHOUSE's garlic-parmesan sauce.

More to follow. 1 more night of Holiday Cheer on this end. Back to the office in the AM.

Nice color on the chicken, one of these days I’ll have to try thighs on the vortex thumb:

That first pic looks like dinner when the wife goes grocery shopping :mmph:

Very nice! I haven't tried the vortex since moving up to the 26". I always found the S&S to work a little better but the extra space could help

I haven't tried the vortex since moving up to the 26". I always found the S&S to work a little better but the extra space could help

I'm still a Vortex convert... Started off a little earlier than before, and really got those coals singing. 450-425F on the dome, no matter how I turned her through the cook.

Sorry for the lack of sauced shot. Family descended forth and the bird went out to the masses... especially with CINCHOUSE's garlic-parm sauce... GTFO. It's
ah-mazing.

Back at it in the morning with a full day of (sorely needed) courseware work before our students return mid-week.

Y'all please be safe; take care of each other; and keep the thin blue rolling as best you can.

Looks like it was a good day Marc! Oh, if your commissary is anything like the commissary here at Tinker, you better stock up on the Nando’s, here today and gone...!! Lol

Those are some purdy wings. Small world just saw Peri Peri sauce on Americas Test Kitchen when they made peri peri chicken and I was wanting to try.

Nando's Peri-Peri is fantastic...

I'm also quite the addict to hummus and naan/pita bread with Nando's Peri-Peri poured in/on top of the hummus (like is available at their restaurants).

Just another random suggestion for deliciousness...

Try it on some slow cooked (pulled ) lamb one day.:thumb:

:shock: No kidding...

You've got my attention. Request application instructions / timing, as I'll play your game!

Hot? Medium? XX-Hot? (Yes, I've got some of that, too).
Big bottle? Small bottle? Walk by the pit with an open bottle?

You've got my attention. Request application instructions / timing, as I'll play your game!

Yeppers!

Me too!

I have some lamb in the cooler and ready to cook@!.

:wink::wink:

Same as for chicken, reserve some to add back when nearly done
Lamb chops or slow cooked shoulder
That sauce is on the Supermarket shelves here ,very common, Same over there?
Our house does not do hot unless I,m alone

Loving the continuing 26"/vortex workout! I'll keep an eye out for Nando's - never heard of it. We have a lot of cool little ethnic markets here so hopefully I'll easily score.

And - that box of donuts - I love donuts, but on the upper left - is that an apple fritter? 'cause as much as I love donuts, apple fritters are really my thing. I am powerless.

Back