First smoke on my new WSM

Demmo

Got Wood.
I did not have time to do a long smoke this past weekend but I wanted to try out my 22" WSM so I made some moink balls and garlic/oldbay chicken wings for my first smoke. Here are a few pictures.

20130915_134925.jpg

20130915_134933.jpg

20130915_150618.jpg

20130915_151722.jpg

This is my first smoker. Up until this point I have been making everything on my weber kettle.

The WSM was super easy to hold a steady temp on compared to smoking on the kettle. Now to figure out what to try this coming weekend.

Nice looking platter...More chicken and bacon wrapped whateverulike....Make sure you get all the seams sealed...enjoy...

Nice looking platter...More chicken and bacon wrapped whateverulike....Make sure you get all the seams sealed...enjoy...

I already purchased some nomex insulating tape to seal around the door. The only other leak I can see is around the lid it self where it sits on the middle section of the cooker. I am not sure what to do about that other then to let it get dirty and hope it seals then.

Yep, those look great! i second the suggestion of a pork butt for your next outing. Very forgiving peice of meat and not too bad to eat either. :)

Back