Introduction

SmokinEdge

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Eric. I live in western Colorado. I own a small excavation business. I was born and raised here in the Centennial state on a farm/ranch. I’ve raised and butchered a life time of animals and enjoy curing, smoking and bbqing meats. I have cooked with a variety of cookers over the years, even covered ground pits, but currently enjoying a small offset horizontal, a Yoder ys-640 pellet machine and most of all my 3x3x7’ wooden smokehouse that is propane fired. I love to cook and feed folks. Hope to meet you all shortly.

Welocme, Eric! You've come to the right place.

I thoroughly look forward to reading about your culinary adventures, if you'll share them!

Welcome aboard and Happy New Year!!. Glad to see you got the sign-up all squared away.

Guys and Gals.... I know Eric from another cooking forum (Please don't hold that against him :mrgreen:) and among other things, he will bring a background of sausage making and meat curing experience our way.

Welcome aboard and Happy New Year!!. Glad to see you got the sign-up all squared away.

Guys and Gals.... I know Eric from another cooking forum (Please don't hold that against him :mrgreen:) and among other things, he will bring a background of sausage making and meat curing experience our way.

Thank you Wayne for sticking your neck out there! Much appreciated. You are a good man and the reason I a here. I will try to honor that.

My passion is smoking cured meats. I like bbq as well and cook daily, but cured meats is my focus. I know you all are not necessarily geared that way, but if I can inspire or help you, I certainly will.

Thanks so much for the welcome.

Thank you Wayne for sticking your neck out there! Much appreciated. You are a good man and the reason I a here. I will try to honor that.

My passion is smoking cured meats. I like bbq as well and cook daily, but cured meats is my focus. I know you all are not necessarily geared that way, but if I can inspire or help you, I certainly will.

Thanks so much for the welcome.

Welcome!

I have a seasonal meat curing chamber, that has sat empty this winter and now I’m sad thinking about it

I will also say, my family on my fathers side is from New Mexico. We eat all that incredible red and green Chile. Tamales, empanadas, posole, carne adovada, it goes on, but I can also assist in good New Mexican style food, Mexican, not so much, but ours is delicious.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back