Kickstarter Projects Cook

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Had this for a while already and only use it for rotisserie cooking

7Z1aFBWh.jpg

Rec'd the Roto-Q 360 which also was a Kickstarter project. A non electric, manual winding, self rotating roti kit. I got the full kit.

tcy61ebh.jpg

What I love about it is that it's collapsable and stores away easy

iSPWuaKh.jpg

Only righteous to put a bird on

FZF6ULyh.jpg

About an hour in

SzvWYbjh.jpg

TGNRJVKh.jpg

Some salad, leftover mac n cheese and of course the chicken

FqJETR1h.jpg

Really like this thing. You can throw it in a smoker, grill, oven, dishwasher, you name it. Stores away nicely also and doesn't take up space. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Damn, I couldn’t eat like you I’d be fatter than I am :( that looks great !

Bird looks great.

I assume it is a spring loaded wind-up action? How long does it go before you have to respin it? What are your thoughts on the Meater (I just order that on BlackFriday).

Looks like a fun cook.

Bird looks great.

I assume it is a spring loaded wind-up action? How long does it go before you have to respin it? What are your thoughts on the Meater (I just order that on BlackFriday).

Looks like a fun cook.

Yup! Spring loaded. I'd say about 45 mins to an hour before having to wind it again.

As for the Meater I like it. I have the block and it connects wifi or bluetooth pretty effortlessly. The app on the smartphone is pretty sweet and laid out really nice and easy to use. Works great for rotisserie, oven, smoker cooking but works best using it on larger cuts of meat as the probe is pretty hefty. At the same time it won't leave a huge hole in your roast or chicken so I'm pretty happy with it.

Shortcomings are that it needs a good charge to get going so you need to plan ahead of your cooks and it's only battery powered. It definitely works though. You'll like it.

I remember seeing that when it was on kickstarter. The bird looks great!

Also, I hadn't thought about it before but the way you setup the kettle should be ideal for that type of thing with the lid acting as a reflector for the heat.

Quite the nifty spinner and great job on the cook. The bird looks amazing

Man I love this design. We just don't do a lot of whole birds, I know it can do more. Though the price they have is pretty sweet even just for birds

I swear Sako, you could cook up something amazing in a kids Easy Bake Oven, so no surprise here! Yes, I'd smash that plate!

You should be a spokesman for them. Great looking bird there, Sako!

I remember seeing that when it was on kickstarter. The bird looks great!

Also, I hadn't thought about it before but the way you setup the kettle should be ideal for that type of thing with the lid acting as a reflector for the heat.

Thanks Bill!

Yup! Since there are no cords you and long spits you can configure it to cook on pretty much anything you can think of.

Man I love this design. We just don't do a lot of whole birds, I know it can do more. Though the price they have is pretty sweet even just for birds

Doesn't have to be chicken. I'm already thinking about spinning tri-tip, rib roasts, half cut racks of ribs...:mrgreen: You can throw this thing anywhere. It's a bit loud since it's spring loaded but once you put it in the grill/oven the noise you can faintly hear it.

nice bird and interesting gadget, looks perfect for in the 26er

Doesn't have to be chicken. I'm already thinking about spinning tri-tip, rib roasts, half cut racks of ribs...:mrgreen: You can throw this thing anywhere. It's a bit loud since it's spring loaded but once you put it in the grill/oven the noise you can faintly hear it.
Stop talking me into it.....lol I am eying this package in stainless.

How easy does it clean? We are all used to cleaning grease and having to scrub crab so I'm not really worried either way, but just wondered if tossing it in the dishwasher really works or if you just go manual.

SmartSelect_20201205-141610_Chrome.jpg

I'm a sucker. Pledge in - I've been wanting a rotisserie for a while now and this is perfect for the 26".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop talking me into it.....lol I am eying this package in stainless.

How easy does it clean? We are all used to cleaning grease and having to scrub crab so I'm not really worried either way, but just wondered if tossing it in the dishwasher really works or if you just go manual.

View attachment 188500

:biggrin1:

I also opted for the stainless steel. Super easy to clean. Literally 5 mins max in the sink and grease comes right off. I don't use the drip pan it comes with since I put it in the grill so the collapsable frame is the only thing to clean. The spring motor I wipe as it doesn't get much grease on it.

I had it in the Yoder last night and as you can see the bottom of the frame gets most of the grease. I love the 3 prong spit which is easy to clean also and works really well. I just truss the legs and bottom together and that's it.

DVupvcfh.jpg

Back