Monday Wagyu Meatloaf

Texmex01

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Found some ground Wagyu at HEB last week on sale, so decided to get a Meatloaf done!

Mixed with Eggs, Bread cubes, Bacon, and spices, then into the Loaf pan.
1.5 Hour on the Charbroil Big Easy and Dinner was served! (With a side of Asparagus)

67637821_10219457696412983_7857575026592055296_n.jpg

67379775_10219457696492985_8514840778206347264_n.jpg

67311139_10219457696572987_4802596868057989120_n.jpg

Last edited:
The food looks awesome and I would snap up a plate of that in a second. However, I have a question about the meat. The Walmart "Waygu" ground beef clearly says "American Waygu" on the packaging which should indicate to the consumer that it is not Japanese Waygu. Is what you made actual Japanese Waygu? If not it seems misleading. Either way I'd still want a big plate of it.

The food looks awesome and I would snap up a plate of that in a second. However, I have a question about the meat. The Walmart "Waygu" ground beef clearly says "American Waygu" on the packaging which should indicate to the consumer that it is not Japanese Waygu. Is what you made actual Japanese Waygu? If not it seems misleading. Either way I'd still want a big plate of it.

I'm under the impression Waygu is just Japanese beef cattle, there are a few different breeds. It can be raised in the U.S., Canada, Australia, etc.

Kobe beef is a certain strain, of a certain breed, raised in a certain area (in Japan).

I'm under the impression Waygu is just Japanese beef cattle, there are a few different breeds. It can be raised in the U.S., Canada, Australia, etc.

Kobe beef is a certain strain, of a certain breed, raised in a certain area (in Japan).

If you really want to know whats going on with the Japanese beef strains, and all the other foods we eat, and you don't mind getting down right pissed off, I recommend "Real Food, Fake Food" by Larry Olmsted. The Japanese beef strains are just a small part of the chapter on meat, but very enlightening. If you read the chapter on fish, you will either stop eating fish, or learn to catch it your self.

https://www.amazon.com/Real-Food-Yo.../ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

What was the fat/grease factor like cooking in a pan? I free form meatloaf and cook it on a tight screen like a fatty, but have a pound of wagyu burger in the freezer.

What was the fat/grease factor like cooking in a pan? I free form meatloaf and cook it on a tight screen like a fatty, but have a pound of wagyu burger in the freezer.

It was good, drained a little off, but not that much....

Back