3 firsts (with Pron)

kpbridges907

Reaction score
So yesterday I smoked my first porkbutt, my first fatty, and smoked my first fattys. The butts I rubbed and injected the night before then wrapped them and put them in the fridge. I'm not sure how much they weighed individually after I trimmed them but the costco package said they were 20 lbs together. Now I got a really late start like 11:30 am and was expecting them to take until at least midnight if not longer so I cooked higher than where I prefer I kept the temp around 275 I wrapped at 165 and put them back on and left them till the bone wiggled loose and then I wrapped them in a Towel and threw them in the cooler for 2 hours. I used a drip pan to catch all that goodness and instead of beans I took the fatty oil off the top and mixed the drippings with Stubbs bbq sauce and it was amazing. Oh the third first was taking pictures of my food. I served it with some cole slaw courtesy of the bbq brethren recipes. I can't seem to figure out how to upload more than one picture at a time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
GREAT FIRST COOK :grin: GREAT COLOR ON THE BARK..

So, how do you keep the butts from falling off a vertical smoker? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back