Thanks Jeanie!:cool: Coming from you that's a big compliment:biggrin: The only downside to the crockpot onions is how long you have to smell those onions carmelizing (it took 12 hours). I thought i was going to lose my mind for a bit. I was sooooo craving onion rings!:lol: Oh, I don't know if I mentioned it in the thread, but when the crock of onions got hot, I offset the lid so that the moisture could escape. I drizzled them with oil before cooking too, should probably go without saying but though I better mention just in case anyone forgets that. That would be tough to clean without oil I bet.

Thanks Chris, I'll have to try that next batch I make. I do have a posole receipe that I put 4 to 5 dried chipotle chiles (not canned) in and they are an added bonus to eat. They soften up and expand quite a bit and flavor the posole perfectly.

NICE!!! I must try the chile pod chunks and the broth next time! That looks like some hearty chili. I'd most definitely hit a few bowls of that! Nicely done!!!! The skin on the pods will turn soft after soaking for a while and the meat on the pod rehydrates nicely too. Should make for a nice contrast in flavor and texture since it's a nice piece and not in powder form. I like your thinking.:eusa_clap

Back