Looking for Cast Iron Advice

I will test it for lead but do not plan on using it for food.
I have no interest in selling, etc so I will wire brush it as I don't have the equipment for the electrolysis.

I'll post when complete.

You don't have a battery charger and a plastic tub? I may have to go back and re-read the article, but it really did seem that simple. I just thought everyone has em laying around. If you've had a lawnmower(rider), motorcycle, boat, car - you probably own a battery charger.
Good Luck, post your results.

I agree eclipse looks like a plumbers pot.

May not be a good one to eat out of.

That being said electrolysis works great. I use it to clean up rusty old tools.

You don't have a battery charger and a plastic tub? I may have to go back and re-read the article, but it really did seem that simple. I just thought everyone has em laying around. If you've had a lawnmower(rider), motorcycle, boat, car - you probably own a battery charger.

It needs to be a manual battery charger. The newer automatic chargers will read the electrolysis solution as a charged battery and shut off.

It does seem simple, but I'm not buying a battery charger for one 6-inch pot.

Back