Wisconsin Bratwursts

MossyMO

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Marty Owens
Wisconsin bratwursts we made up with pork trimmings from this last competition season getting a light sear over the Vortex.

-----

Simmering in butter, onions, sauerkraut and beer until up to temp.

-----

Wisconsin brats with all the toppings! One plate with spicy brown mustard added.

-----

Thanks for looking!

Looks Great!
Any clue what makes them Wisconsin style? They're all a little different, just wondering what the main pop of flavor is in this mix.

I used to get some good Wisconsin Brats from the Merkts store in Salem WI (a LONG time ago), but I have no idea where I would get them these days.

I am headed back to the Kenosha/Racine/Twin Lakes area later this year, anyone have a store they would recommend (and no, not just "Johnsonville" brand)

I was at the Fareway meat counter and the dude was casing brat meat, I axed him what he used for seasoning, and he said Fareway had it's own seasoning blend. Just dump in with 25 lbs of ground pork and case!! He asked if I wanted a package? I think it was like $5, still haven't used, but I will soon.
Ed

Me either. I am using my imagination. Maybe cheese flavor?

integrate some diced jalapeno and cheddar for a nice treat, there's a good meat packer in Lake Geneva WI that makes some killer jalapeno/cheddar brats (among other flavors), pharkin magnificent stuff

I used to get some good Wisconsin Brats from the Merkts store in Salem WI (a LONG time ago), but I have no idea where I would get them these days.

I am headed back to the Kenosha/Racine/Twin Lakes area later this year, anyone have a store they would recommend (and no, not just "Johnsonville" brand)

a bit west of town for ya, but... good stuff

https://lakegenevacountrymeats.com/

here's their sausage selections

https://lakegenevacountrymeats.com/leahys-sausage

a bit west of town for ya, but... good stuff

https://lakegenevacountrymeats.com/

here's their sausage selections

https://lakegenevacountrymeats.com/leahys-sausage

That's not really too far. My family lives closer to Richmond IL than Zion, so Lake Geneva is just a couple of stone throws away and my brother used to go to Lake Geneva all the time. Not too many people know the area I grew up in (near Trevor/Wilmot/Spring Grove/Antioch, but most people know Kenosha...if for nothing else due to That 70s show.

I've bought a couple times at Brat Stop in Kenosha. They had cases in the gift shop. I'd call first to make sure they still do it - their website says nothing about selling them by the case.

That's not really too far. My family lives closer to Richmond IL than Zion, so Lake Geneva is just a couple of stone throws away and my brother used to go to Lake Geneva all the time. Not too many people know the area I grew up in (near Trevor/Wilmot/Spring Grove/Antioch, but most people know Kenosha...if for nothing else due to That 70s show.

I lived in Antioch for almost 20yrs, relocated to AL during covid (long story)

Hit the Brat Stop on I-94 at 50. Stop for lunch and then pick up some fresh brats in the attached store. Right across the highway is Woodman's, they should have Usinger and Klement brands made in Milwaukee, Schweigert sausage from Lacrosse or Cher-Make from Manitowoc. Don't forget to pick up some New Glarus beer, only available north of the Cheddar Curtain.

Hit the Brat Stop on I-94 at 50. Stop for lunch and then pick up some fresh brats in the attached store. Right across the highway is Woodman's, they should have Usinger and Klement brands made in Milwaukee, Schweigert sausage from Lacrosse or Cher-Make from Manitowoc. Don't forget to pick up some New Glarus beer, only available north of the Cheddar Curtain.

I go to that intersection quite a bit when I am back there. When we can't get my mom to go to the Stage Stop in Wilmot (too many memories of our dad), we take her to TRH and then I stop at Penzys. The Mars Cheese Castle is just north of there and one of these days, I am actually going to stop there.

As for the New Glarus beer, I was given a sampler pack by some close friends who live in Kenosha that went to university with my brother and it was pretty good, but honestly, my homebrew is better for me as I brew it the way I want it to taste. That said, I think I will pick up a sampling of the various kinds of brats and bring them down to my sister-in-laws for a cookout. My nephews are in their teens and play sports. I can probably get them to devour a couple lbs of brats.

This place sounds like Heaven! One stop goodness.
Ed

Back