looking for a wireless temp probe

West River BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anybody have a good recommendation for a wireless temp probe? I'd prefer to stay away from the rechargeable types and would like at least four probes. Thanks.

When you say wireless, do you mean wired probes with remote viewing or totally wireless?

Wireless temp probes

Meater,

I have been using the 4 probe block since they started. They have a learning curve but they're great.
I just finished cooking a brisket and a chicken breast. Unit worked for nine hours flawlessly

Meater,

I have been using the 4 probe block since they started. They have a learning curve but they're great.
I just finished cooking a brisket and a chicken breast. Unit worked for nine hours flawlessly

+1
I have just used it indoors so far but it really impresses. What amazed me was that it has algorithms to calculate your rest and when to pull ahead of temp to hit the target with the rest. etc. And all of that actually worked on the nose.
Its pretty spendy but I do not regret.

One more for meater. I've got the block. App is great and it works flawlessly with a good set of batteries. Like Jbowie said a little bit of a learning curve (not complicated) and it's good to go.

As a matter of fact I used them last night to smoke these two mini bolognas in the kettle.

EYPjUaCh.jpg

Meater,

+1
I have just used it indoors so far but it really impresses. What amazed me was that it has algorithms to calculate your rest and when to pull ahead of temp to hit the target with the rest. etc. And all of that actually worked on the nose.
Its pretty spendy but I do not regret.

Thanks for the replies. You're right that the Meater is a bit expensive, but the algorithms are interesting.

One other nice feature - it forecasts your finish time pretty accurately as well. So when everyone in the family is nagging you to ask when the meat is going to be done you can give a time instead of the smart a$% "It will be done at 125 degrees".

Back