Brisket envy-man vs food

Twisted Martini

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I'm watching the KC episode of Man v. food this morning, and I see the guy at Oklahoma Joe's slice this awesome looking brisket with juices literally pouring out of it, and I'm totally jealous. My brisket is good, with good flavor, bu I have NEVER been able to achieve that kind of juiciness. Maybe it's the meat, maybe the technique, I don't know. What do y'all think? What has your experience been?

I haven't been able to do that yet either I think I have years of practice to go

Johnny got it.

Just like squishing all the goodness out of a patty.

Try foiling that brisket the last few hours after smoking...the juices will run out of it

I don't want to stray to far off the thread topic, but I love that show.
The guy is crazy! He should literally kill over dead on half the stuff he eats. Its basically the same show over and over, but I would watch it anyday over just about all of the reality shows...That being said, I've noticed on just about every episode with hamburgers, they smash the crap outta the burgers while cooking....What up with that!? They pulled the "presidential T-bone" off the grill last night and cut right into it and started eating...Hopefully this is all for t.v. affect:crazy:

I don't want to stray to far off the thread topic, but I love that show.
The guy is crazy! He should literally kill over dead on half the stuff he eats. Its basically the same show over and over, but I would watch it anyday over just about all of the reality shows...That being said, I've noticed on just about every episode with hamburgers, they smash the crap outta the burgers while cooking....What up with that!? They pulled the "presidential T-bone" off the grill last night and cut right into it and started eating...Hopefully this is all for t.v. affect:crazy:

The smash the burger for food safety. The get to burger well done so you don't get sick. Most steaks do not rest in a restaurant when they are done. Most people won't wait 30 minutes for a properly cooked steak.

Back