Pork Belly in my Belly!

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I had a craving for Pork belly after reading a few post on the subject and just happened to have a small one from the Asian market in the freezer.
Light EVOO coating on skin side and generous coating of Oakridge Sweet Rib rub and Habanero Death Dust combo with a little extra garlic powder
On the Weber indirect shooting for 275° but it just wanted to run at 325° so I did not argue.

View attachment 126654

After a couple hours it was time to jump into a foil pan with a Founders Imperial Stout. Great beer for both Belly’s involved.

http://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/imperial-stout/

Cover with foil and back on the heat for another hour or so.

View attachment 126655

Made some jalapeno poppers for an appetizer snack and saved a few for the belly.

View attachment 126656

The Belly turned out great. Nice bark, tender as could be and a nice hint of the Imperial stout flavors.

View attachment 126657

View attachment 126658

Light butter on the buns and on the grill to give a toasty flavor and firm base.

View attachment 126659

The rest of the Fixins. Smoked Pepper Jack Cheese, sliced dill pickle, Crispy jalapenos, Mayo and Mustard.

View attachment 126660

These Crispy jalapenos are so good – I eat as a snack, add to salad, pizza, and almost any food item.

View attachment 126661

Start with Mustard and Mayo

View attachment 126662

Then a layer of Smoked Pepper jack and a generous portion of the Pork Belly

View attachment 126663

Then a couple jalapeno Poppers

View attachment 126664

And another layer of Smoked Pepper Jack and the pickles

View attachment 126665

I wanted the cheese all melted and gooey so I broke out the propane torch and melted the top layer of Cheese until it melted over the poppers and Belly, then added to pickles so I could top with the Crispy jalapenos!

View attachment 126666

Topped with the bun, added a smash and ready to eat!

View attachment 126667

View attachment 126668

View attachment 126669

The melted cheese lifted well and was able to push up on the side. Once I picked this thing up, there was no setting it down until this Pork Belly Sammich was in my belly!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea7XIUuj7ag"]Get in my belly! - YouTube[/ame]

It was that good!

Thanks for Lookin
SD

Last edited:
Dang. Thanks for the post. I learned several things. One is I've got to try doing a pork belly and two, I've got to find some of those crispy jalapeños.

Dang. Thanks for the post. I learned several things. One is I've got to try doing a pork belly and two, I've got to find some of those crispy jalapeños.

Thanks - We found them at Cash and Carry but they are made by French's so should be available many places. I just have not seen them anywhere else.

Wish I could find some decent pork belly like that.

Are those Jalapenos in the snack aisle? :wink:

Are they fried? Dehydated? I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

Wish I could find some decent pork belly like that.

Andy,

Have you tried H Mart?

Not sure how far one is from you, I'm fortunate to have one right out here in Naperville.

I have a better selection of frozen than fresh though :-/

Back