Picanha: Korean BBQ Style

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My wife and I recently returned from a trip to Seoul and Jeju-do island, South Korea. You can see the pictures of some of the food we ate on the trip here.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277386

I bought a new BBQ toy while I was in Seoul. It's 41 cm indoor BBQ grill pan for induction cooktop or butane stove.
2ZpM5EGh.jpg

I wanted to test it on our portable induction cooktop so I thinly sliced prime picanha I bought from Costco.
gfNQYdYh.jpg

N1xv7ioh.jpg

Got everything ready and tested the grill pan on the induction top.
sLOh09vh.jpg

itxPahih.jpg

hWzuebkh.jpg

The unit worked well. I loved the large cooking area. I had plenty of room to grill the meat and veggies. Nonstick coating worked great and the grease and liquid drained well into the angled drain hole. My only complaint with the grill was that the egg mixture on the outside tray didn't fully cook with the meat and only cooked when meat and veggie items were removed. I'm going to have to test it on my butane stove and see it suffers from the same lack of heat problem on the outer tray. Corn and cheese mixture on the outer tray cooked perfectly fine.

Yes please,:thumb: nothing else to say

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
I always enjoy your posts. They are interesting and delicious! Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks
I forget the name, but I've seen similar pans on Amazon. How do you use it with the gas option? Does it have an open center or legs to put the burner underneath?

• Thanks
I went to a Korean restaurant on the weekend that had the identical pan, but an open grate for the charcoal to go in. Wish I'd taken a pic... Anyway, they did the same thing with the egg and the corn and cheese. It took a while to cook but it did cook in the end.

• Thanks
I forget the name, but I've seen similar pans on Amazon. How do you use it with the gas option? Does it have an open center or legs to put the burner underneath?

This is how it looks on the back.
rHXX9Tfl.jpg

7aJOlU2l.jpg

The center circle protruding metal easily sits on the gas burner stand. And that center piece is slightly sloped/angled so the liquid will drain towards the bottom plug in the first picture.

Wow! Looks great and thanks for sharing.

Back