Big Z's Sweet Gold Honey Mustard Review!!

BobBrisket

Name or Nickame
Bob
A couple weeks ago Neil, ZBQ, was kind enough to send me jar of his honey mustard. First off, let me just say this........if you are a mustard freak like me..........you must try it. We were up in the mountains and I was cooking dinners off the SJP. Dinner one night was chicky breasts and legs for the kids. With this meal I used the honey mustard as a glaze and, OH MAN!!! What a flavor. It's just a great balance of the sweet and zip and tang of mustard. Leaving it in the heat and smoke for a bit to set up gave it another element of flavor and texture as well. It was tangy, sweet, and finger licking good!! Our second night we used it in burgers in place of regular mustard. Once again, a HOMERUN!! Really good stuff. Thanks Neil. We loved it.
I included some bonus pics of our weekend as well. NJOY.
3626688282_9816856611_o.jpg

3625872911_2e7eb4f56f_o.jpg

3626689764_e115fd74d4_b.jpg

3626693382_15ff5d9bdd_b.jpg

3625878525_c3cc37828d_o.jpg

3625878657_6ccdb851e8_o.jpg

3626693786_03b242cc14_o.jpg

No final pics of the burgs as we had been out exploring and scouting new camping sites so we were hungry. That beef fatty was saved for breakfast this morning. It was a fun weekend, and Neil's honey mustard helped make for some really good food!!

I love the mustard as well. All looks good. Almost looks like a new avatar pic in #4.

The total mixing up of your sure fire grooves, and the pointing "K"'s musta played havoc with your temps.

Hell, most of your heat was radiated downward!

Be careful when cooking ground beef that way Bob.

The total mixing up of your sure fire grooves, and the pointing "K"'s musta played havoc with your temps.

Hell, most of your heat was radiated downward!

Be careful when cooking ground beef that way Bob.

So what direction should the grooves be facing. N, S, E, W?:lol: I was hoping that by mixing the grooves I would get a convection effect. :lol:

Got my first experience with the Sweet Gold last October at the Ohio bash, excellent stuff! Actually ate most of the first jar by dipping pretzels in it.
Bought 2 more jars a few weeks ago when we were in Dayton. It wont last long.
Neil has a great product with this sauce.

Scott

Thanks Bob!:-D

Food looks great and the scenery looks awsome!

Check out my Facebook page in my signature for an update on Sweet Gold.

My MIL used Sweet Gold as a glaze on a hamloaf this past week and said it was really tasty.
I haven't tried that one yet but will in the near future.

Glad you liked it Bob, looks like you had a great time up in the mountains.

Last edited:
Thanks again. Neil asked about the pasta. My wife had made a tomato sauce based shell pasta for my daughter who LOVES pasta. We had plenty leftover so I doctored it up for dinner. I tossed in a can of Ranch beans and two slices of Kraft cheese slices and let em melt in. It was pretty good. The kids devoured it.
That SJP gets a good amount of use when we go camping, tailgating etc. It's my mobile grill!:lol:

It's a dipping sauce?
This stuff is so good I drink it right out of the jar, kinda like an after dinner drink.
Guess I should read the label?
Z, it really is good stuff. I had some on leftover smoked meatloaf. MMmmMMmmmm.

Back