Christmas Que

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Well it's Christmas eve morning and I've volunteer to smoke a brisket and a turkey for Christmas. Should be a nice leisurely day. The temp outside was in the fifties when I went out to start my fire. Once my chimney was started, I went to work on my brisket. I took it out of the fridge at 4am to get it up to room temp...

X-mas_brisket_packed.jpg

Then I unpacked it so I could get a good look at what I bought...

X-mas_brisket_unpacked.jpg

I decided it had too much fat on it so I trimmed 1 3/4 lbs. of it off...

X-mas_brisket_trimmed.jpg

I put it on the smoker at 7am. I will give updates during the day to let you know how it's going.

What are YOU smoking today?

Then I slathered it and rubbed it...

X-mas_brisket_rubbed.jpg

Fark! I am stuck at work today from 0700-2300 EST! However, I got my Blues Hog order so the next day off I am cooking chicken thighs, ribs, and a brisket.

Keep us posted!

I'm off to my girlfriends mother's house. They're full on Krauts. So German food tonight. She always puts on a good spread. Sauerbraten, wienerschnitzel, homemade Spätzle, red cabbage, potato pancakes, applesauce. & Plenty off beer & shots! :)

Don't piss off dad. Hate to see you come home without YOUR Wienerschnitzel!

Screw 'em. I'm still pissed they bombed Pearl Harbor.

Samichlaus said:
Don't piss off dad. Hate to see you come home without YOUR Wienerschnitzel!

Screw 'em. I'm still pissed they bombed Pearl Harbor.

John Blutarsky Mod

No smoke here.. Sorry guys.

Tomato and mozerrella with prosciutto, Crab legs and shrimp and scallops fra diavlo over Ravioli , Chateau Briand and chocolate mouse with chamboard.

oh.... and a tray of meatballs.

merry christmas everyone!!!!

Dang Phil, I'm coming to your house for dinner!!!!

I'm smoking a turkey. Gotta rub it today, and inject it, then tomorrow yumsville.
Garlic mashed potatoes. Alcohol.

Update,

Here is a pic of the brisket after 3 hours at 155°...

X-mas_brisket_3hours.jpg

After about 7 hours I hit 170°, so I sprayed it in apple juice wrapped it in foil and put it in the oven till it hit 195°...

X-mas_brisket_sprayed.jpg

Sorry I don't have a finished pic. I wrapped it in a towel and put it in a cooler. It's for dinner tomorrow.

Next I started on the turkey. Here is a pic of that bad boy all rubbed up!

X-mas_turkey_rubbed.jpg

Thigh temp is about 140° right now. Gonna pull it off at about 185°.

Mista

so... its 9:00 AM Christmas morning (merry christmas btw)... is your charcoal started yet???

A balmy 31 in San Antonio right now. Got up early and started a couple of fatties for breakfast. Smoking some chicken breasts and skirt steak for taco salad at lunch. Will ad a stuffed pork loin later, and then two beef tenderloins for X-mas dinner tonight. So the rest of the day consists of my stretching out on the couch, eating, drinking beer, watching football, tending fire, and scratching myself, and drinking beer. Life is good!

ha... nice jorge... pretty chilly here in NY too... turkey is on the Kettle cooking for tonights dinner at a relatives house... that is all I am doing today... people ask why do you want to go out in the cold and cook on christmas??? I say cause I want to things I LIKE TO DO on Chrismas...:)

josh

So the rest of the day consists of my stretching out on the couch, eating, drinking beer, watching football, tending fire, and scratching myself, and drinking beer

Hey Jorge - let's not forget scratching yourself... :shock:

Back