Memphis Grills: Made in the USA?

chiefblue

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I heard that the Memphis Grills are no longer made in the USA so I researched the memphisgrills.com website.

They are vague in one area and commit they are indeed made in the usa in another area.

Here is the info taken directly from their site.

https://memphisgrills.com/about/
states "Memphis Wood Fire Grills manufactures all grills in the USA in their state-of-the-art 135,000 square foot facility."

https://memphisgrills.com/grill-comparison/
shows as Made in USA.

And here in the direct link that states "made in the usa"

https://memphisgrills.com/made-in-usa/

"We are proud to say that every Memphis Wood Fire Grill
was designed, engineered, and tested in our state of the art
135,000 square foot facility in Bloomington, Minnesota." Notice they don't mention they are manufactured in the USA and this is directly from the made-in-usa link as shown.

So, some areas indicate made/manufactured in the usa, but the actual made-in-usa website page, it doesn't say that.

I believe they are now made in China and Memphis Grills company is still wanting to benefit from "made in the usa" and reap the profits of "made in China".

If my assumptions are correct, it is shameful. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy and may possibly purchase one.

Can someone clarify and prove me wrong?

I believe you are correct

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This sez Made in USA.

Now, one must consider that there is a city in Japan named Usa.
And years ago they manufactured stuff there and labeled it Made in USA, which it was. But USA, Japan.

The sad reality is, even if the grills are "made" here, there is probably parts imported, such as the electronics, maybe the grates, maybe other bits and pieces.

My tell-tale is the box. If it says, Assembled in the USA, there are off-shore parts in it.
Ad writers go a long way to fool you into thinking something is what it really is not.

If you really, really want a United States of America, honest to God, Made in the USA grill, then you need to have it made here.
But since the Envirowhacko's killed the American Steel Industry, it will likely have Imported Steel in it.
Welcome to the New World Order and International Trade.

I'm so glad I am too old to give a crap anymore. :boxing::rolleyes::wink::blabla:

We're Farked.

They are no longer Made in the USA. A while back someone posted a letter that Memphis sent to dealers. My local dealer confirmed the contents of that letter, and is no longer going to carry Memphis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now, one must consider that there is a city in Japan named Usa.
And years ago they manufactured stuff there and labeled it Made in USA, which it was. But USA, Japan.

I don't have a problem with real Japanese craftsmanship. The Japanese make quality stuff but unfortunately they too outsource many things to China now.

I would guess they didn’t update the website when they started making them in China. An d won’t until a lot of people ask them if that is true

We use to get whirlpool fridge parts that the box said made in USA , pull the part out and it would have Thailand stamped on the parts lmao ,they have since stopped printing that on the boxes probably from all the feedback

Reply from manufacturer

I sent them an email, here is the reply in it's entirety.

Greg passed along your email to me. We make all of our grills and doors and drawers in Bloomington, MN today. All product that is in a dealers showroom or in a warehouse has been made in the U.S.A. and we are currently manufacturing grills here in Bloomington as I write this email. We do have a plan to transition grills to manufacturing in China later this year, as we simply do not have the space, equipment or labor to keep up with the growth we have seen over the past several years. When we do move to manufacturing all our grills oversees, the grills will indicate Made in China (as is directed by law) and we will not be promoting Made in the U.S.A. if the product is not made here. We have taken Made in the USA off our new literature and website already, even though the product is still being made here.

Thank you for you interest in Memphis Grills and if you would like to purchase a U.S.A. made grill, you made want to consider the purchase this year.

Sincerely,

Sharla Wagy

Sharla Wagy
General Manager
Memphis Wood Fire Grills
Direct: 952-703-3607
Main: 888-883-2260

It is a bad time to move production to China. Trade war tariffs cannot be helping their bottom line.

This sez Made in USA.

If you really, really want a United States of America, honest to God, Made in the USA grill, then you need to have it made here.
But since the Envirowhacko's killed the American Steel Industry, it will likely have Imported Steel in it.
Welcome to the New World Order and International Trade.

I'm so glad I am too old to give a crap anymore. :boxing::rolleyes::wink::blabla:

We're Farked.

Buy a MAK!

Back