THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And even better for the 19 yo on keeping himself straight
You ain't kidding, that family is entrenched rednecks and my buddy;s kids all turned out pretty good -
we joke with him and he admits - as a person who has been arrested, etc. -

he says his kids are amazing - the 19 year old is in the Union at Safeway and is pulling down what, $20k+ as a bagger. Last I saw he was running the register.
People need to understand - that is not easy to do, and he has worked his way up.
Respect. With rates this low, he might be able to buy a house soon.

It's hard not to judge people at times. Especially when you see it with your own eyes. Your eyes can be very deceiving though. My friend told me this story who is a teacher....

When first looking at this student you see someone who shows no interest in school. No desire to stay awake. Sleeps throughout class. Doesn't care about graduating.

What a lazy student. No motivation in life. He doesn't care about his future. School is an after thought. How disrespectful to the teachers.

What if I told you that the only time this student felt safe and secure was in school. What if I told you he's too scared to sleep at night. What if I told you his world was empty.

Do we still see a lazy kid who sleeps at school?

It's easy to judge someone without knowing the whole story. The easiest and most sincere thing to do is help. Get to know them. I for one really appreciate you taking the time and inviting him over to break bread with you and your family. That is very thoughtful of you. Thank you.

It’s so terribly easy to screw up in this world, if/when you spot an opening to commit an act of intentional kindness, do it. Barbecue-The Universal Language.

Back