Pulled lamb... the best?

raycollazo

Knows what a fatty is.
I previously was replying to an older post on making lamb to pulling temps and it was closed to replies. I wanted to share this method/recipe because while I am not a big fan of traditional leg-o lamb, Smoked and pulled lamb is by far my favorite.

I have done pulled lamb quite a few times and it is easily one of my, and my friends and family's favorites. I will be doing one next weekend and will try to highlight it here, but here is the highlights of what I do. I try to do an injection of mostly white wine and salt. Then I do a Mediterranean style rub, (Oregano, Thyme, Salt Black Pepper, White Pepper, Rosemary and sage).

After at least 4 hours(usually overnight) after injection and rub, I will put on smoke for about 4 hours until I get some color. At that point I will transfer to a Large tray and sit the lamb in the tray on top of a cooling rack so it is allowed to drip juices and not braise. Add about a half can of beer just so that the dripings dont burn up
While that is cooking, I prepare cut celery chunks, about 1 inch pieces, Carrots cut to 1/2 inch slices, Onions, garlic and a few sprigs of Mint and rosemary. enough to fill the tray.... I also have started adding 2 bags of fingerling potatoes and put them in the tray... When meat hits 155-160 add the veggies to the tray and cover well... let the meat get to 200 or probe tender.... OMG... ridiculously good and what an incredible au jus as well... au jus sandwiches are killer!.. People will fight over the potatoes and the vegetables...Wow, if I didn't have plans this weekend I would make it this weekend!....
If ya'll are interested I will use this thread to document my cook next weekend.

Sounds delicious!
I love lamb but have not tried smoking it past the "rare" stage.
Your method and ingredients sound delicious, please post pics if you get the time. Thanks!

Me love lamb all ways, show us your stuff ,you using shoulder?

Yes... Are you using shoulder.

Both Aussies here recommend the shoulder. More fat. More flavour.

And yes... we are very interested.

Cheers!

This is gonna be good.

:pop2: - Kevin, I'm running out of popcorn over here... can you lend a hand?

Thanks for sharing, my mouth is watering thinking about it.

Yes... Are you using shoulder.

Both Aussies here recommend the shoulder. More fat. More flavour.

And yes... we are very interested.

Cheers!

I agree, unfortunately I rarely see lamb shoulder in my neck of the woods, wish I did.

Looking forward and did someone say lamb shoulder ? :p

EsprhNZh.jpg

6fi1FqSh.jpg

u1JT2Psh.jpg

Back