THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beentown

is Blowin Smoke!
2 briskets, 2 butts and 11 pounds of pork belly burnt ends. Momma wanted extras.

19cdef9b6395454eff17a68aedda2f7f.jpg
c2c7cdb7abe077c4ff383a9724bb6941.jpg
f5d20793b945126011ac9ebc3b05d2f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. After tossing a bunch of meat in 1 drum I'm thinking I should have dragged my SF down and made it easy like you :becky:
Yeah, I almost borrowed my cooking partners Humphreys (too learn it better) but it's just easier to tow the SF. My drum only gets used for 1 shelf cooking now.

Ah, a fellow heavy brisket trimmer, I see. Looks like you're off to a good start.

It's always kind of a bummer to run the smoker all day, turn out some awesome que, only for your guests to eat it all and then you don't get to enjoy the leftovers. I've started cooking extra food now too. Takes about the same amount of effort and fuel, why not??

Ah, a fellow heavy brisket trimmer, I see. Looks like you're off to a good start.

It's always kind of a bummer to run the smoker all day, turn out some awesome que, only for your guests to eat it all and then you don't get to enjoy the leftovers. I've started cooking extra food now too. Takes about the same amount of effort and fuel, why not??
Yeah, I want more seasoning to stick/form bark and I don't see the point in taking the extra time to render the "bad" fat.

Everything looks great. I agree on the trim. I'd rather be able to eat and not have to pull off big chunks of fat.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Looks really good! I have never cooked for that many people. Are you going to have enough?
Plenty. I figure 1/2 pound of meat per person (pre-cook) if there are sides, good ones at least. ;)

Each brisket was 20 pounds. 9 pounds per butt. 11 pounds of belly.

69 pounds for 70 people is WAY overkill.

Back