Jealous Devil pellets

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the jealous devil pellets? My local Academy has them in stock. Other than that, my choices are Bear Mountain Gourmet blend at Lowes or Lumberjack Comp blend at Dicks. The lumberjack and JD are both 14.99 bag. The BM is 12.98.

I know their charcoal is highly reviewed. I imagine same quality has carried over to pellets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the money?

There is no way to go wrong with Bear Mountain...

So I completed a cursory inspection of my pellet cache. 280#
I have JD Lump & Briquettes but zero# JD Pellets.
I resolutioned 2022 to no fuel purchases.
Let us know
D a m n

Oh, that's the garage stockpile, more in patio and She-Shed. At least that much in various briquettes and triple that at least in lump

I picked up 2 boxes of the JD pellets on sale through TSC last year. They burn fine. Flavor produced was fine. Neither the JD or LJ have oak in the blend. Pretty sure BM does. Ash production with the JD seemed similar to most other decent pellets.

If you have a Tractor Supply near you check their prices on the BM. 9.99 in my area for 20lbs

Rural King for Lumberjack. Some on sale for 6.23 but normally 8.88 for 20#

I may be in the minority, but I really don't care for the blends at all. I am very interested in how JD pellets cook.

The JD is more expensive, but closer. The BM is a little farther out of the way to pick up, but cheaper. So I think I’m going to pick up the JD and see if they are worth the extra money vs the BM

Used JD once, and really liked them. Would use again if more available/cheaper.

Back