The 2024 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning Post

Hotch

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Hotch
We are good to go!!
The 2024 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash reservations are done and paid for!!

April 6, 2024
Ray Roberts Lake State Park Isle Du Bois, TX
Pavilion 2

For those who want to make reservations to camp or for an RV spot, the reservation system should be open on the "April Days" you want.
So, you can go online or call TPWD to book your reservations.
I recommend you do so ASAP as the spots will not last long.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/reservations/

Please let us know if you are going!!
If you have any questions, ideas or thoughts about the bash please let us know.
You can send me a PM if you like.

See you at the 2024 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash!! :mrgreen:

Gonna do my best to be there. 2023 saw a lotta cancelled plans (cruise and a trip to Colorado were the two that stand out) and hope 2024 can be a better.

It's on the calendar (Mrs frognot bought one yesterday and this is the first entry).

Never been. Thinking about coming. Do most tent camp, RV, hotel? Stay Friday night, Saturday or both? Are the smokers all at the pavilion? Probably won't bring a smoker this time unless it's just a kettle for a campsite. Hope Oklahoma puts one together someday. Thanks for any input

Hey Jeff. Despite living about 45 mins away, I’ve only been to one as we’ve always been out of town during this time.
Most that come are fairly local, but there have been several that have come from a long distance and hotel it.
Some drive in a couple hours that Saturday morning.
A few have stayed at the RV park there (BuffetFan) last year.
There are hotels in Denton which isn’t too far.

Hopefully those have driven in and stayed at either the park, or a hotel will chime in to give that advice.

Hotch and Smitty (and others) bring smokers and there will probably be a few grills so there is probably room .

I’m gonna try to make it again this year, hope to see you there.

Never been. Thinking about coming. Do most tent camp, RV, hotel? Stay Friday night, Saturday or both? Are the smokers all at the pavilion? Probably won't bring a smoker this time unless it's just a kettle for a campsite. Hope Oklahoma puts one together someday. Thanks for any input

I usually bring my Shirley 24x42, Jay (Ag76) does the same with his custom offset along with Smitty with his vertical. If we have the stick burners, we will setup just in the corner of the parking lot. If we go with drums, kettles and small cookers, we can setup at the pavilion or the parking lot. It has water and electricity most times. As the Park will not allow for us to drive right up to the pavilion. It's about 20-30 steps away.

There is a just average hotel in Pilot Point, Four Horsemen. Typically, in the Spring there may be fishing tournaments so book early and verify you can cancel within a reasonable time at no penalty. Sanger and Valley View have a few also.

Other may chime in with more info/experiences with hotels.
If you have an RV that works also.

Here is the setup at Isle du Bios

Spring-Bash-PAVILION.jpg

Last edited:

We made this year's spring Bash.
We camped at the park.
Beautiful place!
We have a travel trailer, but the campground is definitely tent friendly with multiple bath houses.
The 2 that I checked out were clean and very nice.
There were quite a few tent campers when we were there.
Because of the wind we endured at the Bash, I would recommend looking for a site off the water.
We were east of the Bash site, across the cove in Hotch's picture.
We had unbelievable wind at the Bash site, but our campsite was dead calm.
Definitely worth the trip!

Would ya look at that!
88 Days till the 2024 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash!

Shelly and I will be working on getting stuff ready for the Bash.
Still undecided on what we will be cooking.
I am going to invite the students on my Proser HS BBQ teams to come out.
Most have jobs on Saturdays so we will see.

If you are thinking about going, please let us know. It helps with all who will be cooking to plan their cooks.

If you are wanting to camp or bring your RV get those reservations done ASAP!!

Any questions, please reach out.

Hope to see you at the Bash!! :mrgreen:

We made this year's spring Bash.
We camped at the park.
Beautiful place!
We have a travel trailer, but the campground is definitely tent friendly with multiple bath houses.
The 2 that I checked out were clean and very nice.
There were quite a few tent campers when we were there.
Because of the wind we endured at the Bash, I would recommend looking for a site off the water.
We were east of the Bash site, across the cove in Hotch's picture.
We had unbelievable wind at the Bash site, but our campsite was dead calm.
Definitely worth the trip!

Great to meet you and your Lovely Bride there Terry. To Hotch, I would recommend moving down about 100 yards behind that nice tree line. It blocks the wind well should the wind be a factor this year. :thumb:

Wow only 64 days till the Bash!!!!
Are you going to be there???
:mrgreen:

I'm thinking the Brethren have put the word out to the airlines, they don't want me to bring Bubba to the bash. :p

I'm thinking the Brethren have put the word out to the airlines, they don't want me to bring Bubba to the bash. :p

Delta has flights for half or less of those prices; unless that is a first class fare....

Back