Patio Heater Recommendations.

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Okay Brethern, need some help.
I have a 10X10 Covered patio that I enjoy sitting on evenings as I have an adult beverage or two, as it gets colder I am looking for a way to prolong the outdoor area a bit longer.

Don't want to spend a crazy amount of money, but will need some decent heat output and figure some of you on here have some experience.

Open to propane, electric or pellet/wood options.

We had an faux-wood aluminum patio cover installed a few years ago and the heat issue has always been a bit of an issue. We used to have a camp chef propane fire table, but the instructions said to not use it under any cover. Plus, the propane would eventually leave discoloration under the patio cover. You can't use a tall propane heater, like those at outdoor dining restaurants, because it's too close to the ceiling. I'm thinking a real wood fire pit would probably leave smoke stains at some point, depending on how high the ceiling is. We settled on this little guy from Lowes - https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bond-Bond-...LxUYGtQwPH0L7MN3QAAaAsp_EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
It's small, but puts out good heat. I tested the temp at the ceiling while running and the heat dissipates enough to not be a problem for me. Good luck!

We had an faux-wood aluminum patio cover installed a few years ago and the heat issue has always been a bit of an issue. We used to have a camp chef propane fire table, but the instructions said to not use it under any cover. Plus, the propane would eventually leave discoloration under the patio cover. You can't use a tall propane heater, like those at outdoor dining restaurants, because it's too close to the ceiling. I'm thinking a real wood fire pit would probably leave smoke stains at some point, depending on how high the ceiling is. We settled on this little guy from Lowes - https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bond-Bond-...LxUYGtQwPH0L7MN3QAAaAsp_EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
It's small, but puts out good heat. I tested the temp at the ceiling while running and the heat dissipates enough to not be a problem for me. Good luck!

Thanks I like that and will look into this more.

I like my buddy heater, propane set on ground heat rises, those patio heaters can run thru a lot of gas quickly , lotta options these days

Back