"Original Recipe" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, January 17th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Original Recipe!"

NgQbQhmh.jpg

This was jwtseng's winning entry in the 2016 "I am the Creator" Throwdown

As chosen by DarkStar11 for winning the "SPAM Cookoff" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

DarkStar11 said:
Cook up something using a recipe YOU developed. The recipe could be for a sauce, marinade, or rub, or an entire dish! You MUST include the recipe in your entry or cook thread. Standard throwdown rules apply, meaning your entry must feature or include smoked or grilled ingredients. Let’s see those original recipes in action!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 12/31 through Monday 1/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 1/17.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Kind of an MSU revisited...

How so? MSU is making something up on the spot with what one has on hand, and is usually not repeated.

A recipe one has created often involves a number of attempts and tweaks that lead to the final version.

Just my $.01...

How so? MSU is making something up on the spot with what one has on hand, and is usually not repeated.

A recipe one has created often involves a number of attempts and tweaks that lead to the final version.

Just my $.01...

Pretty much everything I cook is NOT following a recipe. Rather making my own as I go...

Label it how you will. It's just cooking in my world.

I have one, will be completing it today.

I may be having a senior moment, but is there a link to post our entries, or should we just put them in QTalk?

I have one, will be completing it today.

I may be having a senior moment, but is there a link to post our entries, or should we just put them in QTalk?

G-man, this is the entry and discussion thread, so you would put your entry here, though you're encouraged to post a full cook thread in Qtalk. The Throwdown promotional posts in Qtalk are simply announcements to point folks to the entry threads here.

Here's a little more info on how it all works:

What an Official Throwdown Entry Should Look Like in 3 Simple Fool-Proof Steps:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295764

If we stretch the rules, I might have two. I got distracted and should finish up cooking Sunday, with a late post. Stay tuned, mine could be useful during the football playoffs.

Original Recipe throwdown entry - On the beach wing brine

Please accept this entry into the Original recipe throwdown, On the beach wing brine
Brine for an hour, then grill or smoke.

This uses my margarita recipe as an ingredient

Cook thread

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296456

Last edited:
Original Recipe throwdown - Margarita for brine and motivation

cook thread

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296457

Please accept this entry in the Original Recipe throwdown. Margarita used as an ingredient in the On The Beach wing brine, and also consumed.

Please use the last photo as the entry photo

Last edited:
If we stretch the rules, I might have two. I got distracted and should finish up cooking Sunday, with a late post. Stay tuned, mine could be useful during the football playoffs.

G-Man, glad to see you were able to enter this Throwdown! Please let us know which entry you want used for the voting poll per Throwdown rules:

[FONT=&quot]2. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderator’s decision is final.* You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one).** You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. Finally, NO collage photos are allowed as entry photos, no exceptions![/FONT]

Back