THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
[FONT=&quot]So I’m on a taco roll this weekend. Today I marinated some Flank Steak for Carne Asada. All the ingredients are the same as in my Street taco post ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227459) only doubled as this steak was over twice as big. Unfortunately it’s also twice as expensive. (This is why flap meat is so popular around these parts) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here’s the flank steak ready to be butterflied. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I simply took my craving knife and elevated it slightly with a 1/4" cutting broad and slid it back and forth giving me a fairly uniform cut.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Into a gallon Ziploc with the marinate for a 6 hour get happy nap. (Flipping every 1/2 hour or so)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While the meat was resting I made up some Mexican rice and some frijoles. (Recipe link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223944)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once it was close to dinner time I got my Weber OTS ready and lite up some charcoal in my chimney.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once it was up to temp I put on the meat.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While it was cooking I made up some fresh tortillas.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Meat is done.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once everything was done I cut up the meat into 1/2" strips.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I then set up the taco cart, errr I mean bar and we sat down to eat. (My little boy liked the smell)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Plated here with a Negra Modelo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Muy delicioso! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So is this better than the less expensive flap meat? IMHO it was. The meat was a bit juicier[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (due to being thicker) [/FONT][FONT=&quot] and great flavor. The flap meat is really good but this was better. Maybe not twice the price better, but better for sure. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for looking.[/FONT]

WOW, that bag of "happy nap juice" looks like it could be a freaking SOUP! never seen a marinade quite like it! BUT DANG IT LOOKS GOOD!!!!

Awesome!

I really like your press, may I ask where you got it from?

Back