Insulation?

Smokin Turkey

is Blowin Smoke!
Ok, I am seeing these stumps clones you guys are building. My question is, What is the insulation you are using? I see it being dense and brown colored in the pictures but nowhere can I find anything being named in a search.

Curiously,
-Brian

Or any fire resisatan mineral fiber wool insulation. Roxul is a major brand. Call any commercial builders supply and they should have it

Try this guy in your area, If he dont have he will point you to it

Ceiling Systems Distributors
3225 Route 764

Duncansville, PA, 16635
Phone: 814-941-1192

Try this guy in your area, If he dont have he will point you to it

Ceiling Systems Distributors
3225 Route 764

Duncansville, PA, 16635
Phone: 814-941-1192
He has it, $40 a bag for 80 sq ft of 2" thick. Sounds like a bargain for me. I am not looking forward to working with the stuff though. I am planing to use it for a mini stumps clone which I think the name has been given to me will be "ponch" keeping with the "Chips" (or wood chips) theme for the micro cookers I am building. The other cooker I will be calling "Jon".

I'll post some pics when I get it underway. I need to finish little jon first.

Thanks much for your help!

-Brian

Not trying to hyjack the thread but it looks like you have the answer. Soooo, keep in mind I don't have the talent you guys do:sad: Would this stuff work the inside a Lang fire box or do you have to keep it from the fire? Would like to insulate the fire boxes on a 60 and an 84 if it is not too challenging:lol: If not, any suggestions? Thought about just putting fire bricks along the bottom but would like to fo the entire box. Thanks

Not trying to hyjack the thread but it looks like you have the answer. Soooo, keep in mind I don't have the talent you guys do:sad: Would this stuff work the inside a Lang fire box or do you have to keep it from the fire? Would like to insulate the fire boxes on a 60 and an 84 if it is not too challenging:lol: If not, any suggestions? Thought about just putting fire bricks along the bottom but would like to fo the entire box. Thanks
You still need some steel in between the insulation and the fire.

I don't know a lot about it but have been reading about smoker/grill insulation. Kowool is also very popular for this too.

You still need some steel in between the insulation and the fire.

Thanks, any ideas on something that would be easy to attach to the sides, top, and bottom to help insulate. Use a welding blanket and a moving blanket on the chamber. It has helped reduce the amount of wood required to keep temp.

Back